Author Topic: 50th Regiment of Foot  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Paulette

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
50th Regiment of Foot
« on: Sunday 09 November 08 00:19 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for Robert Livingston b. 1797 that served with the 50th Regiment of Foot from 1816-1826.  I do know that he was in Ireland with the Regiment from 1816-1819 and then in Jamaica from 1819-1826 when they returned to Ireland.  His discharge papers state that he was from Omagh and I am wondering if anyone knows where they landed when returning from Jamaica ? I am also inquiring of information of the Livingston/Livingstone families from Omagh area. 
I have a great deal of information on the family after their immigration to Canada in 1833 that I would be happy to share.
Thanks so much
Paulette
Leviston, Livingston, Livingstone, Mcfarlane, McFarland

Offline zeebra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 50th Regiment of Foot
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 December 08 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulette,

You may already know this! The Public Record Office in Kew, London holds a vast amount of military records, including discharge papers, pay books and pension records. My Gr- Grandfather was in the 59th Foot and I found a lot of info there. I appreciate that you may not be in the UK but e-mail them and ask what can be done.

Good Luck.
Crossan - Lanarkshire,
Millsopp - Armagh - Lanarkshire,
Carroll - Sligo - Glasgow,
Donnelly - Donegal - Fort William - Glasgow, O'Donnell - Donegal,
Graham - Donegal - Renfrewshire - Lanarkshire, Gilchrist - Portobello - Lanarkshire - Whitehaven, Scott - Portobello - Lanarkshire