Author Topic: How this for a special deal!  (Read 3554 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How this for a special deal!
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 21:15 GMT (UK) »
anyway for me its not so much the issue that the offer was not what it seems, that almost seems par the course these days, for me the thing that really annoys me is that as usual I have written to complain about something and ...... nothing, no reply, not even a **** off, we're not interested.

Private companies these days seem to think they can get away with that sort of attitude too often, I work for a local authority and I'll tell you what, we are so scrutinised we have to answer every single bit of communication that comes our way even if the answer is sorry don't know. 

Its about time a few more of these companies that seem to take our money and run began to realise without the customer they wouldn't have a business and they should start to act differently.  Hmmmm sounds like banks but anyway....

Anyway rant over, I feel better now  ;D ;D ;D

Kerry

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: How this for a special deal!
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 12 February 09 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Its about time a few more of these companies that seem to take our money and run began to realise without the customer they wouldn't have a business and they should start to act differently.  Anyway rant over, I feel better now  ;D ;D ;D

Yes Kerry, I know how you feel with some private companies - I've had some bad experiences, but it does make you feel better when you have a "rant;D

But in saying that, I can give you one example of the complete opposite. I saw an American on-line add for Family Research for US$54 12 month membership. They advertised they had access to millions of records, including many US Government  records. As I had just one American person to search, I thought I would give it a go because I couldn't find him on any other family research site. So I joined, but there wasn't even a similar name to his in any of their search indexes.

I emailed the company (nicely), indicating I only joined because of their advertising of so many records, but I couldn't find the one person I was looking for, and I didn't require membership anymore. They replied, indicating I would be refunded the full mount.

True to their word, my next credit card statement there was my full amount repaid, and not only that, because of the currency exchange, I made 50 cents on the deal!

Yes, some companies know how to please, while others..........................................  >:(

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!