Author Topic: Lost Births and Deaths  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Angler10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Births and Deaths
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 February 05 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again for your replies, think I'm out of my depth now. Hack I have been trying to follow up on the Frank Clarke you sorted, MW had an elder sister Clara and a brother Frank they were the only children in the marriage.
Is there a way of sighting family details other than on Census Online? where its doubtfull the children would appear. I have tried all the names on Census, Ancestry etc. without result. As for Luke well how can I link him to Dorothy? As you said back to the beginning but where is that?
I think I shall have to travel up to the area and sit down and research all the clues you have given me.
Thanks Falkyrn, I think the Luke you suggest may be to old to be the father as you surmise so maybe the son of John H,  James, Robert or Willie again I shall have to visit and research them all.
Thanks again for the help, I shall plan a trip and perhaps slip the fishing tackle in just in case>

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 February 05 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I am still willing to try to help. Please examine that marriage certificate and tell me:
1. The names of the witnesses.
2. The addresses given for both parties.
Every detail is valuable.
MW having a brother called Frank makes my sighting of the mining Frank Clarke even more likely as his father.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Angler10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 February 05 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, yet again, OK:- Witnessed by, John Thomas Spittlehouse, Ethel Smith and C.A.Paxton. The address given for both is Little Lane. The registration District is East Retford, the Parish of the church(St Saviours Church) is Clarborough, so Little Lane could be  Retford or Clarborough. I think they are more or less the same town.
The marriage was after banns. There was no rank or profession given for Dorothy. Thats about it apart from the other given facts.
So over to you my friend.

Paul E

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 February 05 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angler

There aren't many Myles Clarke's showing across the censuses - but I can certainly help you rule one out, as he's 'mine'!
In 1891 there's a Myles shown aged 9, born Kimblesworth Durham.  He's actually Myles CLARK and its a transcription error.

Hackstaple is right that Myles is a predominently north country name.  Of the 453 showing in the 1891 census, 178 are in Lancashire, 19 in Westmoreland, 28 in Yorkshire and 18 in Durham.  Only three in Nottinghamshire.
The name entered my own Clark line via a Westmoreland family.

Good hunting!

Paul

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 February 05 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Interesting that there is this Luke PETTINGER in the 1901 census and apologies if you already have it but just in case:

Living on a boat:

Foss Dyke Navigation Canal Boat "The Fisherman's Luck"
at St Mary le Wigford, Lincolnshire

Luke PETTINGER head mar 56 gravel merchant b.Clarboro Notts
Elizabeth wife 52 b.Walkeringham Notts
William son 21 waterman b.Drakeholes Notts
Walter son 13 b.Drakeholes Notts

Rg13/3061 folio 197 page 52

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Angler10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 February 05 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info Paul.
Cas, that Luke  would be to old as Dorothy's father was shown as still working in 1922 as a labourer. There may be a chance that the eldest son William(21) may have had a second name of Luke or decided to use that name? Not sure how to check that to be honest. But thanks for the info, food for thought maybe.
Phil

Offline Angler10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 February 05 15:45 GMT (UK) »
EUREKA, well maybe. I may have found Dorothy's death details. So much for 1837 support 'experts'.  There is an entry in Vol 7b page 6 in the 3qtr of 1935 that is so close it has to be. I shall be sending for a copy certificate on Monday.
Fingers crossed,
Phil

Offline legs11

• RootsChat Senior
  • my border collie Willow and her first litter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 11 February 05 15:50 GMT (UK) »
good luck

legs
PRICE, CURTIS, JONES, LUSH<br /><br />WARMINSTER

Offline casalguidi