Author Topic: RICKARD Family from St. Columb  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Peter Rickard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RICKARD Family from St. Columb
« on: Tuesday 11 November 08 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Family Details for updating

kris - it took me a while to find this location and register.    Hope the questions below are not a pain for you in sorting out.

Amanda Ann Rickard    (1848 to 1900)

Was she christened at St. Columb Minor or St. Enoder or perhaps St. Colan and when?

Charles Rickard      (1863 to 1954)

Was he christened at St. Columb Minor and when?

Elizabeth Ann (Bessy) Rickard     (1852 to 1925)

Do we have a date of christening for Elizabeth at St. Columb Minor?

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: RICKARD Family from St. Columb
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat.  ;D

Glad you found us. So many people - I think this will be too confusing to work though this all in one thread. I feel it would be best to work though each question separately. After spending 2 days studying your attachment I am still quite confused by some of it. I am sorry I don't think anybody else will be able to follow it all in one thread. I am well versed in St Columb Families and still find myself confused reading this, so I fear others will have no show of following it. There will be sections I will seek clarification on - Sections where I will disagree with your assumptions.

There is no limit to the amount of requests you can make. As we work  though it please post separate topics citing what you know of each person (or family group) you are seeking help with. Rickard is a very common name in Cornwall. Some of these people connect some do not. Trying to work it all out when dozens of people have been posted alphabetically in one huge thread just wont work. Happy to help but please let us work on one section at a time.

Considering this I have left your first query re Amanda and included later mention of siblings and removed the rest.

Amanda RICKARD was baptised on the 30 Apr 1848 St Enoder  Parents Richard and Christian Father Lab Of Halvennah

siblings

Philippa bap 24 Oct 1841 St Columb Minor father Husbandman of Quintrell Downs
Nicholas Morrish 22 Oct 1843 St Enoder father lab of Grose St Columb
Thomas Henry 9 Nov 1845 St Enoder father Lab of Halvennah
Richard 14 July 1850 father lab of Halvennah

Elizabeth Ann (Bessy) Rickard     (1852 to 1925)

Elizabeth was the sixth child of Richard James Rickard and Christian Anderson Morish.   She was born on 1 August 1852, Truro, Cornwall, England although another record identifies that she was born at St. Columb Minor.   

Do we have a date of christening for Elizabeth at St. Columb Minor? No I cannot find any baptisms to this couple after the move to St Col Major in either conformist or non conformist churches. She was born St Col district not Truro GRO ref St Col Sep 1/4 1852 5c 113

Charles Rickard      (1863 to 1954)

Charles was the tenth I suspect he was child no 11 - the second Charles  child of Richard James Rickard and Christian Anderson Morrish.   He was born on 6 December 1863, This date conflicts with GRO index of Mar 1861 the first Charles and Mar 1863 the second Charles – suspect date is 6 Dec 1862 not 1863 as there is no GRO ref to substantiate this date St.Columb Major, Cornwall England and died on 25 October 1954, Box Hill, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia at the age of 90.   

Was he christened at St. Columb Minor and when? No sorry no baptisms found after the move to St Columb Major

Cheers Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rachtravem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 23 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Hoping for help. Have Mary Ann Rickard (1806 -1882), 4th great grandmother. Have a lot of info on her, but nothing on her parents John and Nancy. Have copies of birth register which lists these names. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Roots-chat rachtravem.

I have an ancestor who was know as Ann/e or Nancy and this is often the case with others.

So widen your search 5 years +/- either side of Mary Anns bapt to see if you can find other siblings.

And there is this possible Marriage to keep on the back burner;

Ann STONE to John RICKARD 26 Dec 1805, St Columba, St Columb Minor
John a Bachelor, Ann status not stated.
A Thomas STONE a witness + Ephraim STEPHENS
John did not sign
(Source FreeREG)

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline rachtravem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:33 GMT (UK) »
thank you.

Yes, I was aware of this marriage but couldn't link Ann to Nancy. I mean, how do you get Ann from Nancy??? and on offical documents?

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:44 GMT (UK) »
I have it on a Birth/Death Cert for my GG Grandmother.

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:45 GMT (UK) »

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:52 GMT (UK) »
So other bapts to John/Ann;
Elizabeth 1809
John 1811
William 1817
Richard 1818
Jane 1821 Father a Husbandman, abode Quintral Downs

John buried 28 Sep 1846 age 73, abode Quintrel Downs

Cant see him 1841 yet though.

Offline rachtravem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Wow.

Thank you so much for your help. it is muchly appreciated :)