Author Topic: Incoming UK Passenger List Lookup - COMPLETED  (Read 902 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Incoming UK Passenger List Lookup - COMPLETED
« on: Friday 14 November 08 17:28 GMT (UK) »
I would appreciate it if someone could check the incoming UK passenger lists from Canada for
Arthur Frederick HEAP b. 1883 Derby and his wife Elizabeth (usually went by Bessie) b. 1878 Manchester although she used 1883 or 1886 birthdates as well.  I believe they went back to England from Nova Scotia in the 1940's.

Bessie HEAP also travelled back to England for a visit around 1934 as I can find a record of her return to Canada, age 48, birth 1886 Manchester, returning on board the Newfoundland departing Liverpool and arriving Halifax 6 October 1934.

Thanks for your help
Debbie

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming UK Passenger List Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 November 08 17:41 GMT (UK) »
There's an Arthur Heap aged 65 (no Elizabeth) travelling Trst on the RMS Nova Scotia arr Liverpool 3 July 1948 ex Halifax NS, Boston and St John's. Heading for 8 Augusta St Derby
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 November 08 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Arrived at Southampton on 10 May 1937 on board the Queen Mary
(Embarked New York)

Arthur Heap - age 51 - Proposed UK address: 7 St James Road, Derby - Occupation: Insurance
Bessie Heap - age 51 - ditto -  Housewife

In both cases their most recent country of permanent residence was recorded as Canada
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 November 08 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much!  The record for 1937 (New York to Southampton) would definitely be the Heaps I would be looking for.  After homesteading in Saskatchewan for a number of years Arthur sold his land and moved to Nova Scotia where his younger brother was and became an insurance agent for Metropolitan Life.  They were godparents to my mother and were not at her wedding in 1948 so had returned to England before that. 

Debbie