Author Topic: Eliza Lewis (Elizaberth?) B1860 Aberystwyth  (Read 2349 times)

Offline griffithsjenkins12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Lewis (Elizaberth?) B1860 Aberystwyth
« on: Saturday 15 November 08 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help with  this!
I have my GG grandfather's marriage certificate which  shows:
Eliza Lewis married to William Griffiths in Dowlais Glamorganshire.
Eliza was born in Aberystwyth in 1860 and her father is listed as Jenkin Lewis (also born Aberystwyth area).
Jenkin Lewis was an innkeeper at time of marriage 1880  (bear at Dowlais)
I have been able to find them once moved to glamorganshire but no record of them in aberystwyth.
any pointers greatfully received

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Lewis (Elizaberth?) B1860 Aberystwyth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 November 08 11:57 GMT (UK) »
As you probably are aware there are a number of Eliza(beth) Lewis births recorded on freeBMD between 1859 and 1861.   Have you checked the 1861 census for Aberystwyth?   You may wish to contact Ceredigion Record Office.   The website is at http://archifdy-ceredigion.org.uk/about.html means of contact are on the site.   In the past I have found the staff to be very helpful.   

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire