Author Topic: Bridgwater - Bridgewater  (Read 8300 times)

Offline lisauk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgwater - Bridgewater
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Mobo,

If i went to the Oxford Records office would i be able to view all the information that you can get from the original certificates?

Ie I am also looking for a James Alexander Brakespeare who married Selina Bridgwater in 1902, I am trying to find James's Birth and I need to know his parents, will i be able to view the marriage certicate and get the information from the records office in oxford without ordering the certificate?

Cheers Lisa
JAMES - Glamorgan (1800's - 1900's)
HORNE or HORN - Poplar (until approx 1920), Oxfordshire (1920's - present)
PAUL (Dorset 1600 - 1900's)
LEIGHTON (Yorkshire, Oxfordshire)
BREAKSPEARE or BREAKSPEAR (Oxfordshire)
AYRES (Oxfordshire)
KEEPING (Glamorgan)
BELCHER (Berkshire)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:10 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Sorry Lisa,

The records will only show what I have given you here.

Addresses, parents' names, occupations etc. can only be found on certificates I'm afraid, and the same goes for marriages & deaths.

You will have to 'bite the bullet' and spend your pennies.

:) :) :)
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline lisauk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Mobo,

It was not spending the money I was worried about just i am very impatient and i understand it is taking upto 4-5 weeks for certificates to be dispatched at present.

:-)

Lisa
AYRES (Oxfordshire)
KEEPING (Glamorgan)
BELCHER (Berkshire)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:22 GMT (UK) »
 :) :)

I know the feeling - so am I.  In fact, we've covered this subject before called ARE YOU TIRED OF WAITING FOR YOUR CERTIFICATES.  But I'll go through it once more.

First, find the address of the Register Office which deals with Abingdon, send them a letter giving the details I've given you, enclose a cheque for £7.00 and an S.A.E,  and you'll only have to wait about 3/5 days.  The secret is finding the correct Register Office.  If you're not sure, ring the main one and they'll tell you which it is.

Happy hunting !

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline lisauk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:25 GMT (UK) »
So to get the certificate for the marriage of James and Selina Breakspeare in 1902 which is at thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,34035.0.html it would be quicker to send it to oxford records office?

Lisa
AYRES (Oxfordshire)
KEEPING (Glamorgan)
BELCHER (Berkshire)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 February 05 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Lisa

The one way you might find it by going to Oxford Record Office - and its a bit hit or miss, is to go through the church marriage registers for the Oxford churches checking 1902 to see if its there - if it is the registers will have all the details that the marriage certificate would have,  it would obviously help if you knew which church the marriage took place in.  If it took place in a registry office though you won't find it this way and may have a wasted trip - just a thought

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk