Author Topic: 101st MG Company Pictures  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
Re: 101st MG Company Pictures
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Really impressive photos Kelz though I think he is second from the right FIRST row.....L-J
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex

Offline kelz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 12:40 GMT (UK) »
quite possibly, unfortunately i cant view a larger picture of it to make it out properly, it just blurs. But my email is * if you can send a larger copy. I will have another go later at sending the other picture as i have a job interview to attend first. I would like to thank you for taking an interest though as until now, i have had no one to confir with. I will also email you all the pics that i have along with all info that i found
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

To send a PM click on the green scroll to the left of the post of the person you wish to contact

Offline Restell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 March 23 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I am somewhat late to the party, but my Granddad was a SGT in 101MGC, I've scrutinized these amazing photos but in all fairness I wouldn't recognise him as sadly I have no photos of him as a young man. Thankfully he survived the war.

SGT J D Restell 18004

Offline TCarroll97

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 November 23 11:55 GMT (UK) »
here is my great grandad, second from right on second row. unfortunately, my scanner still dosent want to play ball with the other pictures but i will sort it.

Very late but hey, what a great photograph! My great-great-grandfather was also in the 101st Machine Gun Company, Pte. Archibald Carroll 60633. I've shown this photo to my grandfather and great uncle who both separately identified him as the chap in the middle of the front row.