Author Topic: 1841 census look up please  (Read 610 times)

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1841 census look up please
« on: Friday 21 November 08 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Please would some kind person do me a look up for Ann Green born 1826 Cowpen as she is not at home with her parents.  Sorry not much to go on.   Much Appreciated. Thank you. gladys 1 :)

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 November 08 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Gladys1,

Two angles here ....

1) Chances of finding "missing" folk are increased by more info..... what were her parents name ?

2) Even if an Ann was found it would still be difficult to ascertain whether she was the "right" Ann.     

a) A person recorded as aged 15 yrs on Census 1841, could be aged 19, 18, 17, 16 or 15.
b) Census 1841 only records whether a person was born in "this county" or not. So Cowpen would not figure as a birth place on 1841.

There is a 15 yr old Ann Green in Dinnington... but I don't know what you could do with this info ??

Where was "your" Ann on Census 1851 ?

Michael Dixon
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 November 08 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Michael,   do you know i have just realized that Ann isn`t at home in 1851 census with her parents, John & Isabella Green, she got married 1859 at Earsdon Parish Church to James Combs which i have all the rest also her baptism.    I did have the 1841 census many years ago but can`t find it and i do remember that she was working in a household but where i cannot remember.  Do you think you could find the 1851 census please.

I have had the Green`s and Combs for a lot of years and there has been a lot more names since then.  And since i joined GenesReunited got many more to cope with.  I did look on genesreunted 1841 census for Ann and there was one who i think would be her either in Castle Ward or Tynemouth but you have to buy credits so thats out.  So i think the one you have is her.

Many Thanks Michael.
Regards Gladys. :)