Author Topic: Has anything changed?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline jesstidd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Has anything changed?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 November 08 09:14 GMT (UK) »
I second what dolylee said, hang them or stand them againts the wall a let the parents shoot them. jess

Offline nessy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 November 08 11:07 GMT (UK) »
I agree Jess, but I'd just hang them from a lampost in public.  It's a terrible thing to say but the courts and judges just let them back out and they do it again :'(
Nessy
Whitegate: Mountfield/Mounfield, Yearsley, Glover.
Rudheath: Wilkinson
Lancashire: Mounfield/Clare/ Mills/Ellis.
St Helens: Clare
Coolgardie West Australia: Clare
Llanllyfni: Jones
Clynnog: Phillips
Wick McKay
Govan Seaton

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 November 08 11:26 GMT (UK) »
There is a lot more to this kind of offence,  the Judges can only sentence within the Law as it stands now.   There are people who say they should be castrated either surgically or by chemicals, but do not understand that this does not solve the problem because the offenders find other means with which to get the gratifcation just the same.

Also, and this is no excuse for the offenders in any way, but have you seen the way young girls from 6 and 7 years of age are dressed (in public), it makes me feel sick, they look like miniature adults in totally inappropriate clothing.   Everyone  says that these sick individuals are around and looking for targets and still these little children are made so that they attract the males in our society.

In Victorian  times and in the time  up until the 1980's onwards children were dressed as babies and as children, not ever as miniature adults.

Also don't forget  the women paedophiles as well and they are around, they make me even sicker at the thoughts of them.

Offline jesstidd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 November 08 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Whilst I do agree that childrens' fashions today make them look young adults. Dressing them as their age will not deter the monsters as you have said, "Victorian days they dressed them as children should be"this did not stop these monsters then. Is it in the parents hands, noticing if there sons are a bit that way inclind. Then maybe something could be done at an earlier stage.  Are we looking more to the upper crust, the way they are brought up to look on sex, whatever, these people are vermin, don't just list them get rid of them. jess

Offline jesstidd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 November 08 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps it is about time it was put to the vote. jess

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 November 08 11:54 GMT (UK) »
It is a disease, a sickness and nothing you do unless permently locked up away from children will stop it.

I have worked  in the past with these types of offenders including the women ones,  someone has to do it, and they are quite specific in what turns them on, and in my view drawing their attention to young children is also wrong.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 November 08 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Going back to the crime in question on my original post, I suppose we should take heart that these three men (yes, it looks like 3 men were involved with the one girl) were brought to justice.  We don't know how that happened, whether they were caught in the act or the girl spilled the beans (good for her) but however slight their punishment these 19th century perverts paid the price,

jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline jellybeans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 05:54 GMT (UK) »
What has changed in some cases is the ability to dismiss any reasonable doubt of guilt and in those cases I say ....... Hang em and hang em high !!!  :'( :'(

dollylee

I would say, put them in a room (or somewhere)with the mothers of these children, and see how they fare!!!   
Lancashire, England: Barlow, Butterworth, Clegg,  Lord, Howarth, Morris, Peak, Pickup, Walker, Wilkinson.
Ayrshire Scotland: Dyet, Irvine.
Cornwall England: Cock.
Wexford Ireland:  Murphy.

Offline jesstidd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Why should the tax payer keep these monsters. The children in question live with the memories for life that cannot be erased. Just do away with them in the worst possible way.