Author Topic: SKS going to PRONI?- completed  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Kate B

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
SKS going to PRONI?- completed
« on: Sunday 23 November 08 17:27 GMT (UK) »
I’ve been directed here by a very generous person on the general Ireland board, who tells me that some kind person might do a look up for me.

I’m trying to find the birth of a Francis McCloughey/McClaughy (and various other spellings!) who was born about Aug/Sept 1898.  In the 1901 Co Fermanagh census, the RC family (Dad John and Mum Jane) and 5 children, including Francis, are living in Drumclay,  Galloon, Fermanagh.

If some kind person is visiting PRONI, could they spare some time to have a look for Francis’ birth or baptism record for me?  (PRONI has records for Roman Catholic church at Galloon (Drumully, Newtownbutler),Fermanagh, Microfilm reference number, MIC1D/15 (Vols 1-2).

I’d love to find out where Francis was born so that I could get a copy of his birth certificate.  
Genealogists don't die, they just lose their census.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SKS going to PRONI?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 09 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Since your request was posted in November the LDS Pilot site has added index to Irish civil registrations- if you find Francis' birth listed you can then order the births certificate with the index details.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347

www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!