Author Topic: TUNBRIDGE WELLS - Lottie Minnie Watts suicide  (Read 1467 times)

Offline stretchie

• RootsChat Member
  • FARMER'S - Birth of the Chemical Industry, Widnes
    • View Profile
TUNBRIDGE WELLS - Lottie Minnie Watts suicide
« on: Monday 24 November 08 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for someone to help me find the inquest information in the local paper for the suicide of LOTTIE MINNIE WATTS aged 23 of 1 Spencer Mews, Camden Road, Tunbridge Wells.  The inquest was held on 15th Dec 1925.

The death certificate tells me that Lottie died from injuries resulting from being hit by a train on the line between Tonbridge Station and Leigh Halt.  The body was found on the 13th December 1925.

Can anyone help me with this please?  I would be very grateful.

If you need any further information please ask.

Stretchie.
Farmer - Widnes, Runcorn.<br />Temperley - Runcorn, Frodsham.<br />Bell - Kingsley, Frodsham.<br />Bamber - Wigan, Widnes.<br />Stretch - Cheshire.<br />Vickers - Chester.<br />Hogg - Berwick, Chester.<br />Anyone with any interest in my names, please get in touch.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TUNBRIDGE WELLS - Lottie Minnie Watts suicide
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 November 08 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stretchie

I believe Tunbridge Wells library to hold copies of their old local newspapers - they will probably look it up for you as you have an exact date http://kent.gov.uk/LibrariespublicUI/OpeningTimes/LibraryDetails.aspx?id=99

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stretchie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 November 08 20:08 GMT (UK) »

Do you think they will do it via email?  for free???

Farmer - Widnes, Runcorn.<br />Temperley - Runcorn, Frodsham.<br />Bell - Kingsley, Frodsham.<br />Bamber - Wigan, Widnes.<br />Stretch - Cheshire.<br />Vickers - Chester.<br />Hogg - Berwick, Chester.<br />Anyone with any interest in my names, please get in touch.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 November 08 20:13 GMT (UK) »
As far as I am aware, Kent libraries will do up to 20 minutes for free.  I would suggest that that should be long enough to find any inquest report as you have a firm date and presuming that they have that particular newspaper on microfilm and have a microfilm printer - often the original old newspapers are in bound volumes which they are loathe to photocopy due to possible damage to the spines (I've never used that particular library so I can't say exactly what they have).  It'll be free to email them though so I would give it a go ;)

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stretchie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 November 08 20:20 GMT (UK) »

OK - I'll do it.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help and speedy response.

Stretchie.

Offline stretchie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 November 08 12:19 GMT (UK) »

Casalguidi,

received email this morning from Tunbridge Wells Library - they have found the article I am looking for and will send me the details for £1.30 p&p.

A RESULT!

Thankyou for your advice.

Stretchie.