Author Topic: EASON Swavesey Parish record Look up please  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Mr B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: EASON Swavesey Parish record Look up please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Further to the above i just found this old message and it mentions the same James and Ann but a diffrent william?

William was born 6.3.1835 in Swavesey, Cambs. Christened 29.3.1835 in St. Andrews Church, Swavesey. He married Rebecca Mackness on 5.8.1866 in Knapwell Parish Church. Rebecca was born before 16.2.1840 in Knapwell, Cambs.

they had 4 children that i know of,

Charlotte C. 1867
Susan Ada c. October 1872 d. June 1873 in Swavesey aged 9 months. Burial 17.6.1873.
Edward William M. June qtr 1874
Eliza c, 1776.

All born Swavesey. I think that there was another Eliza Ann Eason b. January 1870 and d. 1872. Burial 5.4.1871 in Swavesey. Aged 14 months. However, not certain as it does not state parents of the burial and I cannot find a christening.

In 1881 census they lived at 8 High Street, Swavesey, Cambs.

I believe that William's parents were James Eason and Ann ? It is possible that the name was recorded as Easton, there appears to be 2 spellings in the Parish Records but have not gone far enough back into this name to know for sure.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 18:18 GMT (UK) »
You've lost me.

The William born 1835 was possibly the nephew of your William born c1805 (there's a 50/50 chance)

William born 1835 was the son of James Eason age 30 living in Swavesey in 1841. But there was another James Eason aged 30 living in Swavesey in 1841 and I can't split them, not that I've tried very hard as it doesn't seem too relevant in trying to work out  who your William was. However the Cambs FHS Baptism Index only has one James Eas* baptised in Swavesey.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Mr B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 19:07 GMT (UK) »
You've lost me.

The William born 1835 was possibly the nephew of your William born c1805 (there's a 50/50 chance)

William born 1835 was the son of James Eason age 30 living in Swavesey in 1841. But there was another James Eason aged 30 living in Swavesey in 1841 and I can't split them, not that I've tried very hard as it doesn't seem too relevant in trying to work out  who your William was. However the Cambs FHS Baptism Index only has one James Eas* baptised in Swavesey.

David

Sorry david the above message i added was from someone on G/reunited in 2004. who thought we may have been related by a William Eason ,so when I saw her William with the same parents I was confused by the two