Author Topic: Seeking - Thomas Hall  (Read 2948 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking - Thomas Hall
« on: Sunday 30 November 08 01:45 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Thomas Hall born 13 Dec 1795, parents Thomas Hall and Jean Malcolm.
Married to Christian Moir in 1818 Clackmannan.  They had seven children who are all accounted for  ;D
1841 census they are all living in Coalsnaughton but not together !!! Thomas living with an Elizabeth Banks age 35 and Ann White age 60.
1851 census Christian Moir is in Carnock in Fife where she died in 1855.
Cannot find Thomas after 1841, so don't know if they split up or whether he died or what..can anyone help please..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline watsonmandy99

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking - Thomas Hall
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 December 08 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, This is my first post as I have just registered tonight.
I found a Thomas Hall in the US 1850 and 1860 census. It states his place of birth was Scotland. Listed with him are what looks like his children.
If you visit www.familysearch.org. Look under what's new click on "See new prototype for searching millions of new records". This takes you to a new search if you search for Thomas and put the birth place as Scotland, 2 close entries will appear for him. When searching click on arrow for type of match and change it from exact match to partial match. The 1850 census actually allows you to view the original page the information was taken from and download it. I could not get the image to appear for the 1860 census. The image appears on the right side of the box. It was too large to attach.
Hope this is who you are looking for
Mandy

Offline DavidofLincs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 February 09 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Pat,

Have just spotted this query and your later one about Christian possibly being buried in Dollar.   The Dollar Parish burials index (to 1855) shows a Thomas Hall, shoemaker, aged 52, died 4 March 1848, buried 7 March.  His age would tie in with him being born in December 1795.  There is no sign of Christian, but if you let me know the names of their children I will check those for you. 

David.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 February 09 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi David - Thank you so much for that, means closure on Thomas..wonder why I could not get him on SP ?? will have another look  ???
Christian Moir (his wife) die at Carnock in Fife, although her death cert says buried Dollar Churchyard that was 1855.

Children - Janet c1832, Jane c1835, William c1836, Edward c1823 all died in infancy.
Christian c1821 married Johnston 1871 census is at Tillicoultry, no further info.
Thomas c1820 died Selkirk 1908.
James c1825 - 1851 census at Neilston Renfrew, no further info.
Edward c1828 Died Alva 1903.
Francis c1830 Died Illinois (U.S.A.) 1908.
Janet c1840 married Pollock then Gray, died Bothwell Lanark1888.

Would be interested in any Hall connections i.e. deaths etc parents of Thomas were John Hall and Jean Alexander.

Thank you so much another little mystery cleared up.
Regards patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 February 09 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Whoops....his parents Thomas Hall and Jean Malcolm  ::)
All the best Patvp

Offline DavidofLincs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Pat but I can't find any of your other names in the Dollar Burials Index, nor does Mitchell's  MIs pre-1855 indicate any headstone for Thomas Hall.

Regards,

David.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi David - Can't have everything  ;D thanks for trying.
regards Patvp