Author Topic: Turner Family from Shotton - Completed  (Read 1664 times)

Offline merryhell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Turner Family from Shotton - Completed
« on: Sunday 30 November 08 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

I have posted a request for the Dodd family already, this is for the Turner family.

My granmother was Beatrice (Beattie) Turner from King Edward Street in Shotton. She married James Cooper Dodd in 1931. Their details are ok.

I am searching for a lady called Ada Turner who Beatties cousin?

Ada had twin boys Desmond and Dennis, born about 1930ish. THey are both dead now but have family in the area

I dont know Ada's husband name as he had died. She used to live in Caernarvon close when I was younger and I think she is buried in Hawarden .
Can anybody enlighten me on her family at all?
Thanks
Meriel
Dodd , Turner, Jefferson, Fallon, Williams, Bennett
flintshire, Birkenhead, Whitby, West Bromwich,, Sunderland, Durham

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Turner Family from Shotton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 December 08 15:13 GMT (UK) »
hello I too am researching Turners mine from Wrexham the reason I reply is that I have been trying to find a KINDLIN family from Shotton Ninehouses they used to live before the war I know there was a Patrick married a Hannah Saint they had 2 boys 2 girls  The connection is that one of the sons used to come visit every month and they must of been from this Turner family,do you have any of these in your tree thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline merryhell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turner Family from Shotton
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 December 08 23:23 GMT (UK) »
hello I too am researching Turners mine from Wrexham the reason I reply is that I have been trying to find a KINDLIN family from Shotton Ninehouses they used to live before the war I know there was a Patrick married a Hannah Saint they had 2 boys 2 girls  The connection is that one of the sons used to come visit every month and they must of been from this Turner family,do you have any of these in your tree thanks Bernadine

hi Bernadine

My Turner family came to Shotton at the beginning of the 1900's from West Bromwich. They were part of a large family,  Unfortunately I dont think that this is the same family as yours. I am still searching on this, if I find any more info I will posted it on here
Regards
Meriel
Dodd , Turner, Jefferson, Fallon, Williams, Bennett
flintshire, Birkenhead, Whitby, West Bromwich,, Sunderland, Durham