Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: fryer
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 November 08 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mum,

You are working well,Mum

I found that possible marriage Joseph Schofield Sarah jane fryer

The only Sarah/Joseph Scholfield i can find in 1901 are in lancs -stating b Lancs

but there is in manchester William Thos and jessie Schofield with 10yr od ADOPTED daughter Maud Schofield!!!!!

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 November 08 22:47 GMT (UK) »

Hi Suz

Yes, I found that lot in Lancashire  -  including the adopted Maud, but I just couldn't get my head round the possibilities that might raise  ::)  ::)    It says Maud age 10 was born in Manchester.

I think we're best waiting til Glen gets one of Maud's arriage certificates  and / or Sarah and Joseph's marriage cert.  I'd lay heavy odds on that being the mother - especially with the second marriage record in 1922 -  do you agree ?
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 November 08 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I think it all ties up pretty well

Please Glen let us know when you have the certificate

I have a possible for sarah jane in 1881 = but will wwait until you have the cert

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline abd107951

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 11 January 09 12:39 GMT (UK) »
i have it confirmed that maud adelade fryer was indeed the daughter of sarah jane fryer, living at 3 star place bermondsey in 1892, i have now got the certificate for joseph schofield and sarah jane fryer, still living at the same address in star place. they married at st olave on 27th march1897, five years after mauds birth, so i dont know if joseph was definetely the father, but i do know that maud took the schofield name later in life. on the certificate it says that joseph is 50years old, a plasterer journeyman, living at star place bermondsey, his father was also joseph schofield, a licensed victualler( now deceased) joseph was a widower so he must have been already married before marriage to sarah jane who i have already a bit of information on as her father lawson fryer tallies up with the name on the certificate as her father. i still have no informatiom on joseph schofield, before his marriage to sarah jane, niether no info on where they were in 1901, i know i have had some brilliant help on this topic, but can anyone help me further much appreciated glen
hughes, billingham,griffin, yarnall,yardley, gill, westwood,  rowley, staffordshire
billingham, bate, worton, westwood, cradley worcestershire,
shepherd, shepperd, lower sapey
fryer,schofield, bermondsey, manchester
ellis, bateman,mid glamorgan