Author Topic: parry family  (Read 1538 times)

Offline jenlouk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parry family
« on: Sunday 30 November 08 19:26 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to establish a relationship between my ancestor Mary Parry born in Uchymynnydd Ucha Flints in 1829 and Robert Parry born in 1833 in Brymbo Denbighs.  They could not have been siblings as Robert has a brother born within a couple of months of Mary [unless the information I have is wrong] The trouble is the 1841 census for that area appears to either be missing or incomplete, to make it even more of a puzzle both Robert and Mary's parents are named as William and Elizabeth and the occupation for the father in both instances is given as gardener.  If anyone shares the same ancestors or could shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: parry family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 December 08 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Was the Elizabeth, mother of Robert Parry, born in Scotland?  In the 1851 census there is a family living in the Brymbo area (Ffrith) and Elizabeth is a gardener's wife.  William, her husband, was not at home that day but at the 'house in Ffrith' where a Lady Topping lived and he was a gardener.  Robert was 18 and his sisters, Ann and Jane were 12 and 8.
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline jenlouk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: parry family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 December 08 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes that's right.  However, I cannot connect Mary Parry to the family, as she was born the same year as John.