Author Topic: BOYES, Grizel m JARDINE, David  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
  • "I grow old ever learning new things"
    • View Profile
BOYES, Grizel m JARDINE, David
« on: Tuesday 02 December 08 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Looking for ideas about Grizel BOYES and her family. Her father believed to be William BOYES, born 1735 in Dryfesdale, Dumfriesshire.
Need to learn more of her family and also of David JARDINE.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

James.
Ayrshire: Craig, Orr.

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: BOYES, Grizel m JARDINE, David
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 20:04 GMT (UK) »
What do you have? What searches have you done?  What specifically are you looking for?

There is a birth for Grizel Boyes 1760 in Dryfesdale, father William.  However, I'm wary to spend credits looking in more detail in case I duplicate research you've already carried out.

Dave
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline Katiecloot

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 June 22 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am also looking for information on these people.  I have found the birth certificate for Grizel stating that William is her father but can find no information on her father on the Scottish People website, and I don't like adding them on ancestry not unless I can find concrete proof.  William may have been married to a Margaret Chalmers but again I can find no proof of this as yet.

As for David Jardine I have only got a picture of his gravesite.

If you have found anymore information since you first posted it would be great to hear it.

Offline matt muir

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 22 00:36 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome.
William and his wife are both buried in Dryfesdale churchyard, Lockerbie.
This is the MI for them,
In Memory of William Boyes who died in Moorfields 10th April 1800 aged 70 years. Also Margaret Chambers his spouse who died 7th February 1800 aged 76 years.
Also William Boyes son of Joseph Boyes who died at Mainshill 6th February 1857 aged 35 years.
Rgds Matt.
Muir,McDill/Dill,Payne,Hepburn,Ireland,Rae all in Kirkcudbrightshire.
Cotter,Liddane,Gibson all in Co Clare,Ireland.

My avatar is my G/Father--Name not known !

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
  • "I grow old ever learning new things"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 22 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hi there.  My search then was for someone else rather than myself.  I passed it back to original searcher whose name I cannot recall now.  Thanks for your answer though.  It shows how useful these boards can be. (That wasn't recently.)

Thank you

David.
Ayrshire: Craig, Orr.

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 July 23 18:12 BST (UK) »
I was researching my Jardine line via Mary Ann Jardine b 1822 Johnstone Dumfriesshire d 1864 Rockhallhead Near Torthorwald in the Parish of Lochmaben. I have been examine her death entry signed by her husband William Currie . It states on her death certificate that her parents were John Jardine a Joiner and mother’s name first name blank surname Carruthers . I examined the 1841 51 and 61 census and think her father was John Jardine a Joiner at Dryfebridge Near Lockerbie living in the household of David Jardine and Mary Chalmers in 1851 and 1861 David Chalmers his brother is dead and Mary Chalmers head of household . But his nephews sons of David Jardine are also Joiners . I found that John and David Jardine we’re sons of David Jardine and Grizzel Boyes and it looks very likely . However the censuses state he was a bachelor or single but it could be possible that Mary Ann was illegitimate or her parents never married . Plus Dryfebridge is four miles south of Johnstone bridge . It ties up for me plus it states all the Jardines born in Applegarth . Though on Familysearch it implies David Jardine Sr  was the son of David Jardine and Rachel Bell suggesting David Sr father was the illegitimate son of the Baronet of Applegarth who fled to the continent embracing the Roman Catholic Faith .