Author Topic: 1901 census lookup please  (Read 1544 times)

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 February 05 16:50 GMT (UK) »
I would not discount the Benjamin (right age and right place of birth) on the 1881 census living with his grandparents.....how do you know which one is really yours? Really you could do with finding out who Griffith Williams parents (1871) census were, if they turn out to be different names to the ones Benjamin is staying with, then you know the Benjamin (Visitor) is yours.
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 February 05 17:09 GMT (UK) »
On the IGI
Griffith Williams           Birth/Christening
18.12.1823  Briton Ferry, Glam.
Father  William Williams   Mother  Margaret

On IGI

William Williams   married    Margaret Owens
7.6.1813  Llanrwst, Denbigh

possibilities ?
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janetm,
Yes thats the one, I have seen a 1841 census for Briton Ferry and searched the St Mary Briton Ferry church records and i came up with this conclusion too.
Kind regards
Paul  Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Janetm,
I am not sure about if its that William Williams for 1813 marriage though, in 1841 census he is 40 and listed as a pilot which fits in, but marrying at 13 a little early for here i think?
Kind regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 10:34 GMT (UK) »
I've heard of marrying young but................think I goofed there, got excited and carried away, will continue looking for the marriage for you (inbetween other searches!)
All the best and good hunting
Jan