Author Topic: joseph shaw family  (Read 1432 times)

Offline crow41

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
joseph shaw family
« on: Saturday 06 December 08 09:43 GMT (UK) »
can any one give me info on the family of and ancestors of, joseph shaw born 1796 kendal died 1876. He was married to a Susan nee ?? born 1786. one of their children was james thomas shaw, born 21 Oct 1824. Others ???, I have inf on their descendants through the years to those now in south australia .
in anticipation, thanks
old crow eater
hoey, allen, shaw, ferguson, griffin, hossack, hammerton, hornsby, ryles, coates, symons, knight, south australia, victoria, u.k.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: joseph shaw family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 December 08 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi
When did they go to Australia.  Are they likely to show up on any UK census records?   The entry on www.familysearch.org for James Thomas Shaw in 1824 is in Buckingham.  If you click on the batch number at the bottom and put the surname into the search box with parents names you get other children on that film.
Andrea

Offline crow41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 December 08 10:00 GMT (UK) »
james thomas went to south australia with mary anne parsons, wife #2, in 1854 on ship flora. Mary anne sadly died in child birth 1 aug 1854, their son francis also died, 4 aug 1854.
Have most family info since 1854 give or take a few.
thanks,
old crow eater
hoey, allen, shaw, ferguson, griffin, hossack, hammerton, hornsby, ryles, coates, symons, knight, south australia, victoria, u.k.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 December 08 10:09 GMT (UK) »
I see from the census that Jospeh gives his birth place as Kendal in 1871 but Ravenstonedale in 1861.  The latter is near to Kirkby Stephen and there seem to be a lot of Shaw entries on the IGI.   I assume you got the Kendal birth place from that 1871 census?   He has various children with him on the census records so it would be worth looking at them closely.
Andrea

Offline crow41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 December 08 23:29 GMT (UK) »
thanks for your information, I will check that path. out
old croweater