Author Topic: Mary McDonald ms McAllister. 1870  (Read 4244 times)

Offline lyndyloo6

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Great Grandmother, Susan Allan Welsh,Bervie
    • View Profile
Mary McDonald ms McAllister. 1870
« on: Sunday 07 December 08 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi RC's,

I am looking to see if anyone can help me or connect to Mary Ellen Carnegie McAllister, married to Charles McDonald, both c1870.  Mary died in 1958 in Montrose.  She is the daughter of  james McAllister and Margaret McAllister ms McConnachie.  At the time of her marriage the family lived at 59 Castler Street Montrose. Her brother James married Jemima Legg of Bervie/Gourdon.  She had a sister called Maggie. 
Charles was a seaman in the merchant navy and we are not sure when he died, although before 1930. 
They had 2 sons, James c1898 and Charles 1901. 
Chares, 1901 married in Leeds to Olive Goodfellow.  They had 2 sons, Derek Charles, 1932 and Owen in 1936.  Olive died in Leeds in 1937 and the 2 young boys were sent north to be with their grandmother Mary, who brought them up.  Charles was my dad.  My parents split up when I was about 5 and I have no memory of any contact with the McDonald family.  My dad went back to Leeds as my grandfather Charles was still living there.  My Dad died in 2003 as did his brother with only weeks between their deaths.  I vaguely recollect of him speaking to me about a 'cousin Jim' who had something to do with boat building in the Montrose area.

If anyone has any information or can help me connect with my family I would be really gratefull.

Many thanks,
Lynda

Welsh Allan, Wemyss, Caird, McAllister,Gibb, Kincardineshire,
Chisholm, Rew,McDonald,Macdonald, Brechin, McConnachie, Pirie, Welsh, Angus
Gibb, Allan, Ross, Stewart,McRobb, Aberdeenshire,
Horan,  Edinburgh.
Robertson, Penicuik, oodfellow, Hodgson, Birtley,Chester le Street Durham.