Author Topic: Information Request: Dempster * Re-opened *  (Read 2995 times)

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Information Request: Dempster * Re-opened *
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 December 08 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenna,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The John Dempster death record and birth/baptism of his sister are available on ScotlandsPeople, http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.

The census records above can also be viewed there.

Hope this helps. :)

hume

Offline kdunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 December 08 04:36 GMT (UK) »
No worries about the delay.  8)

I hadn't realized you paid for the information about my people.  :o That was so kind of you, I don't know how to thank you enough!

I intend to sign up with scotlandspeople after the first of the year. Right now I'm working to organize my information to present to my siblings on CD for Christmas. Most of them don't do genealogy research (2 of them do), so I have to create charts, etc., that they can read. The wealth of information I have found here has distracted me and put me behind schedule.

Not to mention scanning the trunk-full of old photos we inherited from Aunt Jane. My sister wanted to get everybody together and divide them all up. Silly me, I suggested scanning them so everybody could have all of them.... (on the plus side, the attached photo is Margaret Dempster)

Again, thank you SO much for your help!
Kenna
Dunn, Bell, Dempster, Cowpper, Cathcart, Yeo, Ashton, Elliot
Newman, Jourdan, Curten, Sparks, Clifton

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline COLINBALLINGALL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 August 23 15:03 BST (UK) »
These Dempsters, Robert Dempster and Jean Wilson are my 4x great grandparents, their children were all born in Dalry, Kirkudbright , have any of you found deaths for them, Jean must have been after 1811 at the earliest.

Colin