Author Topic: Llandaff Cathedral Photo's & Cardiff Newspaper searches. Please can you help?  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Jed Stu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, please can anyone help?

I have just found the burial details of my great grandparents and great aunt 'after twenty years of looking' :-)

Would it please be possible for someone to look up 3 death notices which were published in the South Wales Echo?  I am reliably informed that they were published in this newspaper.

If possible - I'd also like the same searches done for the two other local newspapers, The Western Mail and the Cardiff Times.

All 3 buried at Llandaff Cemetery Cardiff

Buried Tuesday Nov 3rd 1936

AGNES MAUD HARRISON Aged 36 yrs

Wife of Walter Robert Harrison ‘Furrier’ (Newport Road, Cardiff)

Late Residence Farm House St Fagans Road, Llandaff
Grave No. 83 Row 36

==

Buried Saturday April 29th 1939

SARAH ANN JENKINS Aged 80 yrs

Wife of David Alfred Jenkins ‘Retired Port Sanitary Inspector’
Late Residence; 400 Cowbridge Road, Ely
Grave No. 84 Row 36

==

Buried Tuesday Nov 9th 1943

'David' (Alfred) JENKINS Aged 84 yrs

(Husband of Sarah Ann Jenkins) ‘Port Sanitary Inspector Retired’ (Bute Docks, Cardiff)

Late Residence; 69 St Fagans Road, Llandaff
Grave No. 84 Row 36

Funeral Directors Summers & Sons, Llandaff

==

Do you visit Llandaff Cathedral or the cemetery and if so, please would you be able to tell me if there are headstones on these graves?

Can you help with photographs - do you know any one that could possibly take some digital *photographs of the graves and headstones (if there are some of course :-), and a few extra images of the surrounding area including the Cathedral in the background as that would be fantastic, and when you have a little time, there's no hurry thank you. 
*high resolution digital pictures are OK.   

I have a plan showing the position of the graves, I could email this to you - if required.

Can anyone please tell me if it's normal for obituaries to be published at the same time as death notices, are they infact different from death notices?

Many thanks, Diolch
Jed

WALES
Edwards, Jenkins, Rees, Phillips, Thomas, Westphal:
Bridell, Cardiff, Cenarth, Clydey, Eglwyswrw, Llanboidy, Llanfairnantgwyn, Llantood Pem
ENGLAND
Agg, Craddock, Hayward, Heges, Hunt, Pains: Northleach, Coln St Dennis, Gloucestershire

Bradby, Bradly, Hill, Thorp: Preston Candover Hants, London
Collins: Radford Notts
Gunther, Norton, Roberts, Rohlederer: Liverpool, Manchester, Cheshire, Yorks
Mitchell, Pells, Roberts, Sinclair, Thorp, Trery: LONDON
Smith : Felsham, Gedding SUFF