Author Topic: Where did Harriet go?  (Read 698 times)

Offline jstrings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where did Harriet go?
« on: Tuesday 09 December 08 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everybody,
After getting expert help I finally got the baptism of my GGGreat Grandad Samuel Platford bap. 14.3.1816 in South Walsham having already found his 4 other siblings born at a later date in Irstead.
With the information I received was yet another sister Harriet, Baptised 28.4.1814 again in South Walsham.
Their parents were Samuel Platford b. 1790 d. 1824 and Rachel Dawson b. c 1790 d. c1848 in the area.
Despite going round in circles trying to find Harriet, I cannot find anything else about her; did she die young; did she marry; did she move out of the district. Would really appreciate any help on this.
I know we all have our brickwalls to contend with, its part of the "fun" but very frustrating. Can anyone help please
Many thanks for reading this
Joy
 :-\ ;) ;D
platford, norfolk, grimsby, durham
cubitt, norfolk, london, leeds

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Where did Harriet go?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 December 08 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joy,

Lots of info on this family on;

www.doun.org/transcriptions

( just go dirrectly to surnames at top of page)

Unfortunately nothing on Harriet.
Presume some of the 4 siblings for Samuel you have found are;

Elizabeth 1818
William and John 1820 ( twins)
William  1823   ( other William must have died?)

All born Irstead

I suggest you check out the name PLAYFOOT as seems to be interchangable with Platford. Also playford, platfoot, platford etc. You might find something eg.;

Baptism-- Samuell Platfoot 1854, son of William and Sary

Nearist I could find for Harriet is 1808, Thelford St Marys, born to William Platfoot and Mary Crannise

Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline jstrings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where did Harriet go?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 December 08 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish for your reply, greatly appreciated ;D
I did originally find the 4 other siblings who were all born at Irstead while trying to find my elusive GGGrandad Samuel Platford. He was eventually found b. 1816 along with his sister Harriet b. 1814 both bron at South Walsham. The family obviously moved after their births. Their father another Samuel b. 1790 Neatishead, d. 1824 married Rachel Dawson b, c. 1790 in 1810.
I just cannot find any follow up with Harriet whatsoever!!
Again, many thanks, will keep trying, ;D ;D ;D
platford, norfolk, grimsby, durham
cubitt, norfolk, london, leeds