Author Topic: Hoare/hair/Ayers/eyre  (Read 1790 times)

Offline HOARE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hoare/hair/Ayers/eyre
« on: Tuesday 09 December 08 17:14 GMT (UK) »
I have traced my ancestors to Killeenadeema (Rahara) county Roscommon James  Hoare married Bridget Mahony on 7/12/1839.
They emmigrated to england and various censuses show them as coming from county  Galway not county Roscommon.1861 Census shows them as surname Hair.1871 census shows surname as Ayres.1881 shows surname as Eyre.1891 census shows surname as Eyre. As they were illiterate I suppose that an enumerator put down what he heard in a broad irish accent.My question is.In 1839 was Killeenadeema in county Galway?
can anybody enlighten me.Because if it was I have probably found my missing link before they emigrated to the U.K. :-\ :-\

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hoare/hair/Ayers/eyre
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 December 08 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello and welcome to Rootschat

It doesn't seem to be that easy.

http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/  - Irish townlands shows Killeenadeema townland, Civil Parish Rahara, Roscommon and Killeenadeema West townland, Civil Parish Killeenadeema, Galway.

http://www.failteromhat.com/ Griffiths Valuation c1850 has the name Hahir for Killeenadeema, Galway and nothing likely in Roscommon.

sorry not to be of more help and good luck
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline HOARE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hoare/hair/Ayers/eyre
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 December 08 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Heywood
Many thanks for your reply and the links.I will persevere.Havent even got started on the maternal side .they were Morans (Bridget) and Branagans (Mark) from county Mayo. My guess is both sides left for England because of the famine.
Should of listened to my old nan a lot more closely when I was a youngster.
Regards HOARE