Author Topic: William P. Turner & Mary Ann Collings, Stepney & Leyton  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Alec2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William P. Turner & Mary Ann Collings, Stepney & Leyton
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 July 09 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Hamlets,

I have just joined the RootsChat.com site and was very pleased and surprised to see the messages on you topic.

I am a direct descendant of the two people in your heading and have some additional information that could be of interest to not only yourself but possibly to your elderly mother-in-law.

Before I go into the subject further I note the last message on the topic was the end of 2008 and I appreciate interests change and you may no longer be interested.  If you are still interested please leave a message and I will get back to you.

I have a problem at the moment in that the old computer I was using for family history exploded (well to be more accurate went pop accompanied by a puff of smoke) and my son has ordered a new one which he told me yesterday will be about two weeks before it appears.  I only hope he will be able to recover all my files.

Alec2

Offline hamlets

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 July 09 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Alec2!
Thank you for your msg via Rootschat.
My connection to the Turners is through Mary Ann's sister, Sarah.
Are you the Alec with whom I was emailing at the beginning of this year? 
If so, remember your last email to me of 9 Jan 2009 -  includes "I hope it will not be mid-February before I contact you again".
Just get that computer fixed!
David

O'Neill, Balmer, Dick, Lockhart, Jeffers, Morton, Ringland.
South Armagh, South Down, North Louth

Offline Alec2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 July 09 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello David,

I am positive it was you I was in email correspondence early this year.  My apologies for the delay but I was about to start family history matters again and then the computer went pop.  I am currently using my son's laptop but it does not have any of my previous correspondence or family history information.  Sorry to say I will not be able to supply any information at present but will try and get back to you when, hopefully, our computer is up and running again.

If I remember correctly we were emailing one another by normal email.  Should you not have heard from me within one month please send me a reminder email and I will update you on the situation.

Very sorry for this furher problem.

Alec2.