Author Topic: Laughlan/Lachlan family of Stoneyburn..NOW CLOSED  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Desert Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Laughlan/Lachlan family of Stoneyburn..NOW CLOSED
« on: Thursday 11 December 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone researching the family name of Laughlan or Lauchlan, they were living at Auchenhard Terrace, Stoneyburn in 1940.
I am particularly interested in tracing knowledge of the late James Laughlan, a miner at Foulshiels colliery.

Thank you
WHITTLESEA, WHITTLESEY, MILLS, ROBERTS, LEADEN, LEETEN of March & Witcham, Cambs and of Somersham, Hunts.
WHITTLESEY/WHITTLESEA, HYATT, GUNNELL, STRINGER, BEVAN, GLENISTER, BUCHHOLZ/BUCKLE, HELLEWELL, TAGG of Marylebone & Paddington, London.
LLOYD, FROST of Holborn & Highgate, London.
ROSKA, ROCKA, ROCHKA, MICKEVICIUS, MICKEVICIUTE  of Lithuania, and later West Lothian & Edinburgh.

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Laughlan / Lachlan family of Stoneyburn
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 January 09 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Desert Girl,
Have you tried the Surnames list  on the GENUKI website,
Billy
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 January 09 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Do you have an approx age and date and place  of death for James Laughlan.

Note that we aren't allowed to discuss people who might be still alive on here for confidentiality reasons.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Desert Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 January 09 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help, both of you.   Didn't know about GENUKI website so will look.

I have kept details to a minimum. 
As I am referring to a recent year, 1940, I am sure family members will still be living, but I am not looking for them.  I am actually looking for anyone researching the Laughlan name, with this particular family branch in their tree.

Thanks again.

Desert Girl

WHITTLESEA, WHITTLESEY, MILLS, ROBERTS, LEADEN, LEETEN of March & Witcham, Cambs and of Somersham, Hunts.
WHITTLESEY/WHITTLESEA, HYATT, GUNNELL, STRINGER, BEVAN, GLENISTER, BUCHHOLZ/BUCKLE, HELLEWELL, TAGG of Marylebone & Paddington, London.
LLOYD, FROST of Holborn & Highgate, London.
ROSKA, ROCKA, ROCHKA, MICKEVICIUS, MICKEVICIUTE  of Lithuania, and later West Lothian & Edinburgh.