Author Topic: Little Help Please  (Read 2693 times)

Offline littlebill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Little Help Please
« on: Monday 07 February 05 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello..

I have traced through census records in England that my Great Great Grandfather was born in Co Monaghan, maybe in the BallyBay area c.1830. Is there any online documents that could help me trace Henry McBride and family, I do now from his marriage cert that his fathers name was James and he was a Shoemaker, I am pretty sure that he never came to England as I can trace no census records for him.

Henry's first child was born in England in 1854 so I can assume he didn't come to england until the early 1850's.

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Jane ???

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Little Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 05 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello..

I have traced through census records in England that my Great Great Grandfather was born in Co Monaghan, maybe in the BallyBay area c.1830. Is there any online documents that could help me trace Henry McBride and family, I do now from his marriage cert that his fathers name was James and he was a Shoemaker, I am pretty sure that he never came to England as I can trace no census records for him.

Henry's first child was born in England in 1854 so I can assume he didn't come to england until the early 1850's.

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Jane ???
Hi
I have had a look in the BVRI and there is a few but some have no Christian names  there is a Henrey but not your time span have you got any more info that might help
audrey

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Little Help Please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

Have you looked for his shoemaker father in the Griffiths Valuation?

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington