Author Topic: M(a)cDonald - Ferguson  (Read 1154 times)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
M(a)cDonald - Ferguson
« on: Sunday 14 December 08 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I have a James McDonald born in Perth between 1811-1817 (his age fluctuates on the various census returns!) but I've never been able to track down his birth record.

His death record gives his parents as James McDonald, soldier, and Mary McDonald M.S. Ferguson; again, I haven't been able to find this marriage in Perthshire. I don't know of any brothers or sisters that he may have had.

On the 1861 census, he is recorded as born in the East Church Parish, Perth, and in the 1871 census, his birth place is given as Perth St Johns, so he doesn't really seem to be sure (tho' his wife's place of birth is also given as East Church in 1861, and St John's in 1871 - did the parish boundaries change at all?)

I'd be glad of any light anyone can throw on James's parents, especially if anyone can come up with any siblings for him,
thanks,

Janet
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson