Author Topic: Trying a new tack - the Crouch Family of Catsfield  (Read 6141 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying a new tack - the Crouch Family of Catsfield
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 December 08 12:21 GMT (UK) »
I can only see Hannah and Nathan in the methodist chapel registers.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 December 08 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Charlotte, Caroline, Matilda and William were all baptised (or re-baptised?) in Hastings on the 20-1-1828.  If William was born in August of 1827, they probably decided to get all the existing family done at once ...  then, from the looks of it, had the others baptised, as they came along.  I see Hannah on the 3.7.1833, and Nathan on the 12.7.1837 - does that match up with the ones you found?

Still can't find Mary ....  :-\
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 December 08 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Charlotte, Caroline, Matilda and William were all baptised (or re-baptised?) in Hastings on the 20-1-1828.

Those are in the IGI as "Catsfield" ... but it's not clear what that batch (C022994) consists of.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
Re: Trying a new tack - the Crouch Family of Catsfield COMPLETED
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to mariac, who has sent me more info by e-mail ... it took me a while to figure out how come I hadn't seen the other children arriving ... and then it dawned  ::)  ... the older girls were considered almost adults, so they were given separate pages in the onboard paperwork: - the younger children were regarded as just that - children, - so they were listed on the page where Sarah's details were recorded.  That's why I couldn't find them before!

Thank you very much ShaunJ, mariac, and kerryb ... Unless someone comes up with something else startling (in which case, please PM me?) ... I think I can mark this thread as "completed" now  ;)
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson