Author Topic: Elizabeth Voy and John Kirk  (Read 2872 times)

Offline oldcat!

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Voy and John Kirk
« on: Tuesday 16 December 08 03:33 GMT (UK) »
The Huron Shores Genealogical Society, Oscoda, Michigan, USA was given a set of framed pictures and family tree by a visitor who found them at the St. Vincent DePaul's store in Tawas, MI this summer (2008). We are trying to find someone in the family to pass these items on to. We put an article in the local paper and had no response.
The pictures are of Elizabeth K. Vanegan, John S. Voy, Albert G. Klein, Edward Schultz, Ada Klein, Ellwood Schultz, Isabella M. Kirk, Isabella K. Marwick, Elizabeth Voy, John Kirk, Amoret Kirk Schultz and Sharon Mae Schultz. The family tree goes back to John Voy in the 1700's. Most of the family before Isabella Kirk  lived in Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland.
Isabella Kirk moved to the USA and married Ellwood Schultz.  Both died in Alma, Michigan.
Any leads would be appreciated!

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Voy and John Kirk
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi oldcat

I see (google !) you are really trying all avenues to find a home for these precious family items  ;D

Because I know others will ask the same, Isabella Kirk SCHULTZ was born 6 Oct 1912 and died 3 Feb 2003.

I wonder if you want to put a "post'em' note on her Social Security record on the Rootsweb database - just in case.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

Cheers
AMBLY

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline oldcat!

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Voy and John Kirk
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 December 08 20:44 GMT (UK) »
We have made contact with a family member in the USA! Success!!
Thanks for help and suggestions. :)