Author Topic: MARLBOROUGH family of Elstree  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: MARLBOROUGH family of Elstree
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 May 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
hi
im looking in to my family history does any one have any information on the marlborough family

thanks
rachel

Welcome Rachel!

Whereabouts in Herts did your MARLBOROUGH family hail from?  If you could give us some names and dates, we may be able to help with census/BMD information. 

Rick :)

PS
Don't forget to register your names on our SURNAME INTERESTS TABLE.

http://surname.rootschat.com/
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rachel-marlborough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 May 09 22:26 BST (UK) »
im really not sure, i'm just trying to find out infomation altogether so i can find out more about my name  ::)

so any information that you have may help

thanks

Offline Gembar

• RootsChat Member
  • Life is not a rehersal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 08:09 BST (UK) »
I started finding out by asking my parents and then my grandparents about their dates of birth and marriages and what they could remember about any family members further back. I also photocopied any certificates they showec me. I then confirmed info buying purchasing certificates for births, marriages and deaths, which got me back to the time of the census. So I was able to add siblings and find out where the family were living. Using the oldest member as a search tool it was sometimes possible to go back another ten years to the previous census and find the family again. It has been quite exciting to discover  more of the family as I have gone further back as I had thought our family had been small. It can be a slow process but very addictive and very very rewarding.
Gembar
Herts: Marlborough, Cobb, Knights, Wilkins
Norfolk: Engall, Tyrrell
Neath and Somerset: Bennett

Offline rachel-marlborough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 May 09 16:02 BST (UK) »
i have try to ask but my graddad has died so i can't ask him for any information and my nan doesn't no a lot about his family.
i am still trying to find his brothers and sister however most of them are dead. and i am not sure were to get there information on when and where they died from any where. please help.

rachel