Author Topic: early 1800's Pearson marriage-South Shields  (Read 4296 times)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: early 1800's Pearson marriage-South Shields
« Reply #18 on: Monday 22 February 16 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Did you ever get the film of the parish register to search at your nearest LDS centre?  Listed on familysearch.  If Joseph married again then there should be a record of that and a death for the first Margaret.  Durhamrecordsonline may have details too.
Has the other researcher given you details of the second marriage?  Ask them to tell you why they consider there is a change of wife.

Offline diroka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: early 1800's Pearson marriage-South Shields
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 06:51 GMT (UK) »
Joseph Pearson is such a common name and I cannot tell who he may have married. He would had to have married 2 women both named Margaret and I doubt that is the case. I think I used the wrong Margaret with my particular Joseph. I have sent for some death certificates for Margaret Pearson around the age I think she died. I don't know of any other option. The person that emailed me didn't think there was a change of wife, just that I had listed the wrong wife. She was their relative and I had listed their relative's children in with the children of my relative.. (boy... did that even make sense???)
I am just trying to find out the correct Margaret that married Joseph Pearson, blacksmith around 1810. Children that I am pretty sure of: John (3 July 1814); Joseph (28 apr 1816); Catherine (ca 1818); William (ca 1824).
Kathy