Author Topic: Emma Saunders/Heath/Paiki/Turner - burial place  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Lammerlaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Saunders/Heath/Paiki/Turner - burial place
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 May 11 11:24 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Ripeka Korako, Irehapeti Matui, Hemi Hape, Te Kihi Peneameni, Emma Saunders and Hemi Paiki et al. Now that puts me as a descendant of her marriage to Hemi Paiki...I have been staying at the Marae the last three weekends.
Now I am not certain of the photo to which you refer but I do have a photo of her well dressed standing beside another lady who is likewise well dressed but do not know who that person is. The photo on my wall is one of Emma and Tommy Edwards from Bluff and  Joe Heath Jr so more of interest to my Heath cousins.
Perhaps you came up to the Mo Tatou hand over when the taonga came from Invercargill - if so you would have seen me as I was there. I also ended up having to supply twelve photos representing Waihao at twenty four hours notice for the exhibition in Dunedin and attended the closing.
My computer is new so I havent a clue how to get photos into it, edit them nor send them on so cannot get any on to share atm - I also cannot download information without it getting well and truly lost in the ether

Cheers
Graeme

Offline WHITMORE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 May 11 05:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Graeme

I know the photo's you speak of. My grandmother was Margaret Sarah Heath - daughter of Emma and Thomas Heath.  My husband and I are travelling around New Zealand - we are at the top of the North Island at the moment.  Coverage for the internet is limited hence the delay in replying to your post. Most of my information is in storage in Invercargill, however I do have some on the computer.  Can you enlighten me as to how the Benson comes into the family.  I understand Paiki was changed at times to Pike or Pyke.  Is this your understanding too.  I will endeavour to send my private e-mail address.  Cheers Margaret W

Offline Lammerlaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 May 11 07:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret
I just phoned my father and he didnt know Margaret Sarah Heath so you have him puzzled but she will be a sister of dads Uncle Joe. There are serious divisions amongst some family member but of this you may not be aware but suffice to say I refuse to take sides!
I will have to look to see what the Benson tie up is. I do know my grandmother said that the Peneamines were first cousins but I will have information here ot tie it all up.
I noted Pyke Road down toward Glenavy and have wondered if it was tied in with the Paikis. Hemi Paiki was called by the Europeans James Pyke I think as someone told me that was the name on the title of the land between our house and the Heath home which was the next one across the paddock and Hemi Paiki did own two fifty acres blocks, one on each side of the house. In between those two paddocks was a 14 acre one and that now belongs to my cousin.

Cheers
Graeme T