Author Topic: Ancestry help - Koshelanyk  (Read 4474 times)

Offline shaunadavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ancestry help - Koshelanyk
« on: Thursday 25 December 08 04:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I was on Ancestry.ca site and was hoping someone would do a look up to get more info for me. I came across it on Immigration and Emigration. It is titled - UK Incoming Passenger lists 1878-1906. I searched for Anton KOSHELANYK and came up with a hit for him but I can't see the Birth Year, departure or the date since I am not a member.

Can I ask someone to look it up and send me the information or the image. He is listed as arriving in Liverpool. Thank you so much. If you pm me I and         give you my email address. Thank you. Shauna
Wilson, Brown, Oliver, Kurenski, Koshelanyk, Lazaruk, Pichlyk, Perrett, Wall, Harder

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry help - Koshelanyk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 December 08 04:28 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas  :)

Anton Koshelanyk 50  abt 1870 2 May 1920 St John, New Brunswick, Canada  Liverpool, England 
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shaunadavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 December 08 04:36 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas to you too!! ;)

Yikes! your fast!! Thank you. But it's not the one. Drats. He is one elusive ancestor.

Are the Canadian Passenger lists on Ancestry searchable by name? If so, can I trouble you to search there for me. He was born between 1872 - 1876 and coming from Galicia/Austria around 1897-1902 as he was married in 1903 and I have the Marriage cert.

He may have come alone or with 2 other brothers, but that is just a story.

Thanks again Shauna

Wilson, Brown, Oliver, Kurenski, Koshelanyk, Lazaruk, Pichlyk, Perrett, Wall, Harder

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 December 08 04:42 GMT (UK) »
okay let me search around
 :)
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 December 08 05:02 GMT (UK) »
At this stage I can not pin point him,

they may have spelt the name wrong, have been looking at some of the records  and even I cant transcribe them.

I was looking at the hamburg passenger lists  1850 -1934

regards Floozy

Offline shaunadavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 December 08 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, my best bet is the canadian records. I have searched the Hamburg records everywhich way to sunday, and I have no luck. There is one close one, but it is not him.

I'll have to go through the canadian records and see if I can find him. Thanks For your help!!

Offline kaja

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 December 08 23:53 GMT (UK) »
hello,

Try a spelling variation around: Koszelanyk

sh is more likely sz (but not certain)
Dawson,    Carruthers,     Lawson,     Robinson,
Elliott,  Keily,  Adams,  Jolly/Jolley,  Wilson,  Hills,  Spearing,  Bowe.

Northumberland and Durham  [Gateshead, Washington,
Newcastle-upon-Tyne]

Offline shaunadavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 December 08 03:52 GMT (UK) »
HI, It seems like I've tried everything I know of - spellings that are absurd, sound likes, letter replacements (K's sometimes look like R or H's), I have even searched by his first name or a variation thereof.

He just doesn't want to be found!!!! But I shall not give up hope LOL. I know he didn't flap his arms to get here, so there should be a record. It just depends how it was written and what the recorder heard when he spoke.

But I shouldn't laugh, English isn't an easy language to learn either. Thanks again for any help I can get!!

Offline kaja

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi shaunadavid,

if you google Koszalonyk you will get a Canadian census result.

It's the 1911 census and shows: Marry, wife, 1889. Machal, son,1907. Anna, dau, 1909.

The spelling makes it worth looking at. Or maybe the forenames  mean something to you.
Dawson,    Carruthers,     Lawson,     Robinson,
Elliott,  Keily,  Adams,  Jolly/Jolley,  Wilson,  Hills,  Spearing,  Bowe.

Northumberland and Durham  [Gateshead, Washington,
Newcastle-upon-Tyne]