Author Topic: Valleny /Vallely ?  (Read 7299 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: County Armagh and Vallely/Vellony/vallaney
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 May 05 20:31 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a PM about this
audrey

Offline pb3

• RootsChat Member
  • 'Always look on the bright side...'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 May 05 13:10 BST (UK) »
Mary
   Reference the Burial Records PDF I posted yesterday.
   It contains several useful clues:
1.   The Ministers are all Roman Catholic – you may find other Vallaley connections in the records of Brooms Catholic Church at Leadgate which is just a couple of miles from Blackhill. Your Charles may have left the area and be recorded elsewhere or he may well put in an appearance here.
2.   Several of the records show burials in the same plot – 3 in plot 68, section 19 and 2 in plot 54, section 19; in the case of adults, this is usually strongly indicative of a close family connection.
3.   Jane and the first Patrick mentioned are roughly contemporaneous – Jane born about 1835 and Patrick born about 1839 – and they may well have been husband and wife. Assuming Charles, who you say was born about 1858, was their first son, a search for a marriage at either Brooms (probably) or Blackhill about 1856-7 may produce a result. You could ring the Stanley Registrar on (01207) 235849 to enquire about purchasing a copy marriage certificate. Remember, however, that it is not their job to give out information; they can only respond to specific, detailed enquiries.
   There is a lot more information that could be sifted from these burial records, but if you can track down that marriage certificate it will be a good start.
   Good luck with your researches.

Offline mary45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 May 05 17:23 BST (UK) »

Hi pb3 !

Thankyou so much for the Blackhill Burial Records and your message today with some useful information.

I have tracked down Charles Vallaney /Valla ? and he was married
in Newcastle Upon Tyne in Jan. 1887 to Mary Gallagher of Newcastle.
He died in Walker Newcastle in 1894 aged 34 yrs.

However Charles & Mary adopted a little girl  in 1887 who was named Ethel Vallaney. There is no birth record for her.

I,m thinking maybe she comes from  a "Gallagher or a Vallaney " in the family, seeing that they adopted her and baptised her in a Catholic church.

Thankyou once again !
Angela Mary

Offline mary45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 May 05 17:32 BST (UK) »
Griffiths Valuation has a Patrick Valelly in Drumconwell townland, parish of Lisnadill, county Armagh. Have a look at

http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/armagh/lisnadill.htm

and you will see the index entry for Patrick plus three others of same/similar surname.

Hi Scotsmum
Thankyou.... I saw that there were 4 others on the list you sent.
I moreless put this research on "hold" for while because I,ve been on other tracks...and as you know there are many to take when researching family history.  Thankyou for bringing this to my attention.
Much appreciated  :)

Best Wishes
Angela Mary