Author Topic: Property records  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Property records
« on: Friday 26 December 08 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Merry christmas to everyone :D

I have been told that my GGG grandfather owned quite a few properties in Cornamona County Galway. His name was Charles Clark/e a member of the RIC. On the 1901 and 1911 census the O'Sullivan family, whom daughter Jane Clark married into seem to own a number of the properties in the area. It is possible that when Charles died they passed to her, then to her son Charles O'sullivan. Are there any records that relate to properties in the area and their ownership? I know a will would be ideal but I wouldnt know where to start with wills.

Any help appreciated.

Jax
Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: Property records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 December 08 00:50 GMT (UK) »
You could have a look on here:

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

I don't know if it would be relevant?
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire