Author Topic: CARENDUFF & WALKEY; c1790s-c1860s; England > Jersey  (Read 2318 times)

Offline polgara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
CARENDUFF & WALKEY; c1790s-c1860s; England > Jersey
« on: Sunday 18 April 04 18:25 BST (UK) »
I seek information on the following families and contact with fellow researchers also working on the same lines.

William CARENDUFF of England was stationed with the 41st Regiment in Jersey.  He married Elizabeth DURANT, 1761, St. Martin, Jersey.  Their children, all christened in St. Helier, Jersey:

Elizabeth, b. 1768
Jean (John), b. 1770
Elie Pierre, b. 1771
Philippe, b. 1775

William later married Elizabeth LE GRESLEY and had:

Louis, b. 1778.

Jean (John) CARENDUFF married Susan RUSPINAL (ASPINAL), 1795 in St. Helier, Jersey.  Their child:

Sussannah, b. 1798, St. Helier.

Sussannah CARENDUFF m. Joseph WALKEY of St. Austell, Cornwall, 1821, St. Helier.  Their children, all born in St. Helier:

Susanna, b. 1822
John, b. 1826; d. 1828
Mary Anne Elenor, b. 1828; m. Robert APPLIN of Dorset, England.
Elizabeth, b. 1830
Joseph Bostock, b. 1831
John James, b. 1832; d. 1907; m. Sussanah Harris PINCOMB of Guernsey, 1863, St. Sampson, Guernsey.  John was a Master Mariner.
Henry William, b. 1835; d. 1899; Migrated to Australia and USA.  He was my great-great grandfather.
Thomas Frederick Henry, b. 1837; d. 1838
Jane Rachel, b. 1839
Louisa Catherine, b. 1842
Eliza-Ann, b. 1844

Henry William WALKEY migrated to NSW, Australia and married Mary MOSS, daughter of a Lancashire convict John MOSS, in 1863 in Singleton, NSW.  The family later jjoined the LDS Church and migrated again, in c1873-75 to Utah, USA.  Henry died in Heber, UT in 1899 and his widow removed a last time with some of her children to Alberta, Canada.

Would love to be in contact with anyone with further information on these families.  Please contact me at
Moderator Comment: Email Address Removed to avoid Spamming - use a Personal Message to contact this user

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,

Laury Walkey

Moderator Comment: Email Address Removed to avoid Spamming - use a Personal Message to contact this user

BC, Canada

Offline robin157

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CARENDUFF & WALKEY; c1790s-c1860s; England > Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have just found this site, .....our ancestors are Joseph Walkey/ Sussanah Carenduff.
Our gr-gr-grandfather, John James Walkey is your gr-gr-grandfather HENRY WILLIAM WALKEY's brother.
John married Sussanah Pincorn (Pincomb) and they had daughter Mary Ann Elizabeth Sussanah.
She married Walter John Cooms, and their daughter Madge Frances Cooms married William Henry Smith, from Southampton, England, where they brought up their family.
Madge & William had 3 children, their son William being my father-in-law.
We have old photos of the Walkeys, and would love to share them with you.

We look forward to hearing from you.