Author Topic: address  (Read 1287 times)

Offline brendaponting

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
address
« on: Monday 29 December 08 20:51 GMT (UK) »
HI everyone,
At the suggestion of Judy my request for a look up has been moved here, I am wondering if anyone has access to electoral rolls for 1919, I am looking for who was living at 137 cannon street bolton, this is the address listed on the manifest for my grandmother as the place she was going to. I wanted to know if it was the family of her husband james chadderton, who was from bolton, or that of her sister who married in bolton in 1913 although I cannot see the transcription clearly , I think it my say farnworth after |Bolton.

Kind Regards.........brenda from Canada

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: address
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 December 08 20:53 GMT (UK) »
the electoral rolls which may be in the local library shoudl tell you who was at the address, luckily for you these are arranged by address rather than name
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brenda  ;)

Welcome to RootsChat :D :D

It might be a good idea to repost your query on the Lancashire Board look-up requests ,and ask if there is anyone living in Bolton who would be kind enough to have a look for you.

Good luck!

Judy  ;)
Best wishes, Judy :-))

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline brendaponting

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Judy, I will try that.

Brenda