Author Topic: Brennan, O'Connor, Madden, Egan and Mulvey  (Read 8622 times)

Offline jackie0051

• RootsChat Extra
  • Email is working again..
    • View Profile
Brennan, O'Connor, Madden, Egan and Mulvey
« on: Tuesday 30 December 08 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone link the surnames Brennan, O'Connor, Madden, Egan and Mulvey to their family history?
I'm  researching Tom Brennan born approx  1880's (Toms father aslo believed to have been named Thomas)
Not known where Tom was born but known to have links with Offaly and other areas of Roscommon.
Tom was a travelling variety artist, his travelling bazaar was named the Connacht Bazaar as was his concert company.
It's known that Thomas was not linked to many of the Roscommon Brennan's, DNA reveals only one single link to one other single Brennan of the area.
Living in hope that someone maybe able to help.
All best wishes for a Happy New Year to all.
Brennan. Harden. McElhinney, Towhey, Lovely- Towhey, Loval Towhey. Pattingale, Bentley. Scott. Pool.
Kilkenny, Dublin, Co. Donegal. England. Berwick on Tweed. Birmingham. Manchester America, New York, Oregan.

Offline stokie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan, O'Connor, Madden, Egan and Mulvey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 10 18:18 BST (UK) »
Jackie I realise it is a long time since you wrote this but I have only just seen it.
I am interested in both Lalors and Connors.

Mary Kinsella (nee Lalor) died in Meelick in 1912, she was married to Peter Kinsella and was the mother of Thomas Kinsella my ggrandfather. I have no marriage or birth details for her.

Patrick Connor married Eliza Quinn in Portarlington in 1866. I have no birth details for Patrick who was the father of Kate Connor who married the Thomas Kinsella above.

Do you have anything that may help?
Thankyou

Offline stokie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan, O'Connor, Madden, Egan and Mulvey
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 10 18:27 BST (UK) »
Jackie sorry you must think I am barking mad!
 The Connor bit is right but I have so many names in my head at the moment I told you about the Lalors when you are not interested in them. The other name where we have a shared interest is Madden.
Sarah Madden married William Keenaghan and they were parents to my ggrandfather Joseph Kenehan (lots of different spellings of this surname).
Joseph was born in Tullamore in 1849 but I have no marriage or birth information about his parents.