Author Topic: Kneale  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Kneale
« on: Tuesday 30 December 08 14:20 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Hello I have lost some importent notes in the Christmas mess,namely the Patrick Church of England reference numbers a kind person gave me,Iam still trying to find any information on Radcliffe Knale born Kirk Patrick 1796 son of Margaret Kermeen and Thomas Kneale,also I havnt been able to find a marriage for Thomas and Margaret, Regards Gillian, and a Happy New Year.
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kneale
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 19:53 GMT (UK) »
the ldsfilmnumbers are on http://www.manxnotebook.com - look under family history/genealogy

she was a widow married in Patrick under her married name children under maiden name (a common Manx arrangement)
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Francis if Margaret Kermeen is a widow does this mean Kermeen was her first husbands name,and Thomas Kneale was her second husband,Regards Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 22:15 GMT (UK) »
look at the register not the igi

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Francis you always point me back in the right direction,as the only contender I had for Thomas was Margaret Cannell I think,its a little while since I worked on my Isle of Man family as there were to many brick walls,I hadnt given up just put them to one side,I still go to Manx boards everyday just for a little look,to see if anyone posts a Kneale or McKay enquiry,Gillian

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 22:50 GMT (UK) »
margt cannell is your woman the parish reg is explicit margt cannell als kirmeen  (I guees I wanted to indicate to people that not only is the IGI full of patron submitted nonsense but also misses some info there as the als in this case  (it of course misses some key side info in the clerk's comments on the parties) - I've transcribed the Patrick regs upto 1790 and all other parishes upto c.1780 or later - however I've found no marriage for a cannell/ kermeen (or similar) nor any suitable burial or will for a putative husband

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 January 09 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for your help Francis I to have found misleading information myself in the igi,one of my greatgrandfathers was supposed to have been married twice so I applied for the certificates and there was only one marriage,the other didnt exist,Regards Gillian