Author Topic: Henry Place  (Read 14779 times)

Offline Jim123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Place
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 July 20 20:48 BST (UK) »
My Family the Keane's lived in Henry Place in Dublin just off Henry Street, which was involved in the 1916 Easter uprising when the rebels vacated the GPO retreating up henry street turning into Henry place! Does anybody know if any photo's exist of Henry Place during that period or of any accounts from the residents of Henry place?
my grandfather leo Keane was born in Henry place in 1904 any relation???? 

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 10:16 BST (UK) »

My family were Residents of house number 2.4 in Henry Place (South & West & North) (North City, Dublin) it sounds like they were in the middle of a battle ground!
This family http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/North_City/Henry_Place__South___West___North_/50806/
they have a son Leo aged 7 in 1911 so sounds like the same family.
You have two posts now so why not send irishbrummie a personal message, he may not be getting notifications of new posts to this thread.

Offline MKEANE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 12:08 BST (UK) »
@irishbrummie

I hope you're still active on here. I just came across this post in researching my father's family tree and the residence at 2.4 Henry Place Dublin. I am trying to trace the Keane family tree. My grandfather was Nicholas Keane II, son of Nicholas and Margaret Keane. Henry Keane was the father of Nicholas, Leo, Michael, Esther, Elizabeth, Henry, Leo and John.

If you find this post, I'd love to share information via email.

Offline MKEANE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 12:09 BST (UK) »

[/quote] my grandfather leo Keane was born in Henry place in 1904 any relation????
[/quote]

Your Grandfather and my Great-grandfather Nicholas were brothers :)