Author Topic: WILKINSONS/YORKSHIRE  (Read 2029 times)

Offline DWILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WILKINSONS/YORKSHIRE
« on: Tuesday 08 February 05 16:41 GMT (UK) »
LOOKING FOR ANY WILKINSONS FROM YORKSHIRE. I  AM PRESENTLY WORKING ON MY FAMILY TREE AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANY WILKSINSONS. AT PRESENT MY RECORDS GO BACK TO 1799, WITH EMPHASIS ON THE NORTH RIDING.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

DANNY

Offline Dogtanian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILKINSONS/YORKSHIRE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 March 05 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Yorkshire is, and always has been a big place  and Wilkinson is quite a common name :), so is there anywhere in particular in Yorkshire where you are interested?

I have some Wilkinsons in my tree, ANN WILKINSON born c1814 , daughter of GEORGE WILKINSON, both from Hoylandswaine near Penistone and close to Barnsley and Hudderfield in the WRY.

Are yours anywhere near mine?

Offline DWILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 March 05 03:24 GMT (UK) »
My family members, all men, hail   mostly from the Northallerton area. My father  ( Harry )is from Gilling West, and his father  ( Joseph Henry )from Leyburn. My ggrandfather, gggrandfather and ggggranfather were born in Northallerton.   Their occupations include a joiner /carpenter ,tailor and  weaver. Their wives were from places like Stanghow Mines, Ravenstonedale, and Lancashire. Hope that helps, have a lot more info if required.

Danny   

Offline Dogtanian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 March 05 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I guess there might not be any immediate connection between our Wilkinsons. Mine didn't travel too far for a fair few generations before those I mentined above were born, they cmae from areas less than about 10 miles North-East of Hoylandswaine towards York. Northallerton is quite a way further north than that. I don't recognise any the places you mention the wives came from either.  :)