Author Topic: 1901 cenus of Ireland  (Read 13032 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 cenus of Ireland
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 14 June 12 19:23 BST (UK) »
In terms of genealogical research Portglenone is quite far from Aghadowey (my grandfather's uncle once mentioned his parents lived a great distance from each other- 7 miles)- about 15 miles from centre of Aghadowey (near SRK) to Portglenone.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wildwind

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 cenus of Ireland
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 14 June 12 21:04 BST (UK) »
That would be very correct.
What I have asked for and would like is a little advice on how the little bit of info I have could be used to help without offending or annoying anyone.
Like I said earlier we have looked at this for years and cannot see anything that might cause offence. My father would be of the opinion that there were changes in society and how certain events were handled.
Unfortunatley I see a lot of these things from both sides and could have saved myself a load of trouble had records been more readily available rather than after my demise.
So would yourself or any of our local contributers/moderators like to advise/see/use the information. I would be of the opinion that one more accustomed to this game is probably better placed. Someone who has accumlated a year of their life 24/7 on line with this type of thing has seen a lot of water go beneath the bridge by now.
If there is no interest I'll just park it. It certainly isnt going back to the skip.
kyle, coulter, Jim Bristow. . Tullynahinnion, Finkiltagh, O'sullivan Forthill