Author Topic: Agnes Wilson  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Motorman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Agnes Wilson
« on: Friday 02 January 09 16:41 GMT (UK) »
I am after a picture or any details off the gravestone of Agnes Wilson (my Grandmother).  She is buried in Grandsable cemetery, Polmont.  Lair 8-33.  I am led to believe there are 3 or 4 more interred in the grave site.
Hoping someone can help me and thanking you in advance.
Andy

Offline Bundyboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 January 09 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy.
I'm trying to trace an Agnes Wilson, previously Agnes Loughran from the Falkirk area. She was married to a Daniel Loughran, and had a son James and 2 daughters, one Anne and the other I'm not sure of.
Would this be the same woman do you think, or just a coincidence.
If not, all the best with your search.
Hope you have some luck.
Best wishes
Mal
Loughran..(birth name)....... I was adopted at birth in Falkirk, Scotland in 1958. And with the help from some of you guys, the trail is no longer cold. Its getting warmer. Now its red hot, have made contact and have received emails from a niece and a sister and now a brother. A letter from the birthmther has been sent and is in transit. WooHoo . Got the letter, all is good.  Going to UK and will meet some of my missing family on 21st August. Now attempting to find birthfather.

Offline Motorman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 January 09 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Mal, but no.  My Agnes Wilson never married.
Good luck with your search.
Andy

Offline Bundyboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 07:53 GMT (UK) »
I've only just started looking this week would you beleive, I saw your request and I thought no way, this is too good to be true. It couldn't be so easy as this.
Anway, it was worth a shot, thanks for the reply, wish you well with your photo request.  Good luck.
Best wishes
Mal
Loughran..(birth name)....... I was adopted at birth in Falkirk, Scotland in 1958. And with the help from some of you guys, the trail is no longer cold. Its getting warmer. Now its red hot, have made contact and have received emails from a niece and a sister and now a brother. A letter from the birthmther has been sent and is in transit. WooHoo . Got the letter, all is good.  Going to UK and will meet some of my missing family on 21st August. Now attempting to find birthfather.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy,

Good news and bad news I'm afraid.

I went along to Grandsable today and found where your Grandmother is buried but unfortunately, the only stone marking the grave was one without any inscription.

You might think it a bit strange that I included the CWGC stone beside it, but the reason for that was to confirm that the location was the correct section and lair number. Private Smith is buried in Grandsable Section 8, Lair 32 - his details can be verified here:

Commonwealth War Graves Database: http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2753788

To get details of the other folk that you mentioned buried there should be available from the Cemetery Records Office at Camelon (if you haven't already got them).

Anne

Offline Motorman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the work Anne.  It has made me feel quite sad that there is no inscription on the gravestone.  I wish now I lived closer to do something about it.  I e-mailed the cemetery records office and am waiting to hear back from them.
Thanks again
Andy

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 January 09 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Another in Grandsable - Section 10, Lair 276 (X marks the spot)  ::)

The unmarked grave of Mary Johnston Knox.