Author Topic: James King McKean (1915-1974)  (Read 905 times)

Offline mikemackean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James King McKean (1915-1974)
« on: Friday 02 January 09 18:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for any descendants of James King McKean. He would've been my father's half brother, from a previous marriage. His existence was completely unknown to us until recently, and any information would be greatly appreciated.

James King McKean was the only son of Charles John McKean and Louisa Mary Huyssen KING. They were married on 16 Oct 1914 at 59 Clifford Street, Govan. It's not known whether Charles, my grandfather, ever returned to Glasgow after serving in WW1, but she was granted a divorce on 4 Nov 1922. Louisa later remarried Thomas Alexander Hall sometime after 1931.

James King McKean was born on 28 Jan 1915 at 35 Elizabeth Street, Govan, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. About Apr 1974 he was an Area Manager at Aerated Water manufacturers. He lived at 33 Oswald Road, Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland about Apr 1974. He died of Cerbral Haemmorage & Hypertension on 11 Apr 1974 in Heathfield Hospital, Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland.

James King McKean and Isabella Muir AULD were married after Mar 1954. Isabella Muir AULD (daughter of Thomas Hunter AULD and Jeanie GUNNING) was born on 21 Jun 1907 at 58 McCalls Avenue, Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland. About Aug 1931 she was a Telegraphic - Sub Office Assistant. She lived at 51 Woodfield Crescent, Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland about Aug 1931. She died of about 1985 in Ayr, South Ayrshire, Scotland.

It's not yet known whether James had been married before his marriage to Isabella, or whether there were any issues.
McKane/McKean - Co.Tyrone, Ireland
Brush, Co.Tyrone, Ireland
McKean/MacKean - Govan, Scotland
Ivey - Devonport, Devon
Trim - Holsworthy, Devon
Retallick - Gerrans, Cornwall
Beckaleck - Holsworthy, Devon
Millett - Hemington, Leicestershire & Derby City
Hardy - Kegworth, Leicestershire
North - ditto
Fairbanks - Staffordshire/Derbyshire
Hancock - ditto