Author Topic: Kate Eade - continued  (Read 27215 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Eade - continued
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 January 09 23:15 GMT (UK) »
A couple of things...

I just can't find the Bennett family in 1891...most odd...kate;s name could have been spelt wrong...etc etc...

I'll keep looking :)

BUT

Just want to clarify one thing.  On your family tree, you have Ada Bennett b. 1883, but if the pic below that IS (duh, which it is, as I have it open :)) the 1901 census, she was only 11, so that would have made her birth date 1890.
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 January 09 23:58 GMT (UK) »
I have pm'd you...

but looks like I found a living relative of Kennedy O Morris...and he has your Kate Eade, and her father & mother...not who you think!  Mary was Mary Hawkins, Eade was her married name :)

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 January 09 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Okay, going on the family tree that I found, of Kennedy O'Brian Morris:

They reckon Kate was born 1885 (which would fit with her being a stepdaughter, in 1901 to William Bennet & Mary

I have found a birth reg for Kate Eade: as follows: Year 1885 QTR: JAS District: Farnham Vol 2a Pg 95

It looks like Kate's father, Cesear Augustus Eade died in 1885, the year she was born.  However it doesn't seem that he was married to Mary, she is listed as his housekeeper, and has 4 other children!  of the 4, 2 of them have the surname Hawkins, and 2 of them have the surname Roe!  Mary herslef, is under the name Mary Roe!  Oh my!  If this is right poor Kate Eade came from a very complicated line!!!  Does your head hurt now???

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 January 09 04:17 GMT (UK) »
I think I found them on the 1891

Mary White, head, married, 36, born Petworth Sussex (no occupation)
Archie Eade, son, 10, scholar, born Ash, Surrey
Rose Eade, dau., 6, scholar, Ash Surrey
Catherine Eade, dau, age 5, Ash
Daisy White, dau., age 3, Ash
Ada White, daug., age 1, born Hounslow, Middlesex
William Bennett, lodger, single, age 76, Labourer, born Sunbury, Middlesex

RG12/1025

County of Middlesex, Civil Parish Heston, Hounslow

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 January 09 04:55 GMT (UK) »
Marriages 1898 Brentford
William BENNETT, Mary EADE on the same page
 :D

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 January 09 05:00 GMT (UK) »
There is also a marriage

Thomas White and
Mary Eade
1886 Dec Farnham
Vol. 2a
Page 215

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 January 09 05:43 GMT (UK) »
Just noting ...

William BENNETT, 76, lodger in the household of Mary WHITE in 1891 is listed as single and born Sunbury MDX

William BENNETT in 1901 is listed as 57;  what is his birthplace?
What is Mary BENNETT's birthplace?  And birthplaces of all the children?

IF the 1901 people are William BENNETT & Mary EADE who m in 1898, then the two BENNETT children would be William's (relationships are to Head) but not necessarily Mary's.

Why is it suggested that Caesar Augustus EADE is the father of Kate EADE b Farnborough (i.e. Farnham) Sep qtr 1885 ?  From the 1881 census (on FamilySearch) there seems to be nothing to suggest that Mary ROE is Mary EADE??

There's the birth of an Archie EADE, Farnham, Sep qtr 1881
And a Rose EADE, Farnham, Dec qtr 1883
These are with Mary WHITE (presumably after her marriage to Thomas WHITE) in 1891.
Mary is listed as married; has Thomas WHITE been found in 1891?

Has anyone found Mary EADE (under EADE or any other name) in 1881?

Sorry, but I'm confused ...

JAP 

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 January 09 09:49 GMT (UK) »
/gives everyone an aspirin

Ok just typing quickly, i have no concrete dates for William and Mary, but i do have Ada Bennett's Marriage which lists the father as William

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/Ada2ndMarriage.jpg

Here is the marg cert for Ada listing her dad as William Bennett farm labourer (deceased).

YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHY SHE HAS THE LAST NAME PIZZEY AND SHE MARRY'S AND BECOMES A PIZZEY.

Just trust me she is Late Pizzey Formerly Bennett......

The Kennedy O Morris is very important because it is most likely that we share Kate Eade in our family trees. That is probably why she named her child Ken O Morris, not after the Mister but because of the G. Father....

Offline Billycourty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 January 09 11:52 GMT (UK) »
The link Daisy found to the Kennedy O morris is certainly Kate's son from the Morris/Eade marriage,

So the Morris family have researched their family tree and they thought that Kate Eade's parents where Caesar Augustus Eade and Mary Hawkins (with dates). But they didnt get any further then that.

But i have the Marriage cert for Kate to Morris and she lists her father as William.  But i too am stuck with William and Ellen as parents to Kate but no maiden name..

Then there is the Kate Eade with mother Mary Nee White, so IS that the right Mary?

Something is trying to click, i just have try and sort it out. 

How does Ada Bennett have a Son who marries Kate Eade's daughter and also have a step sister Kate Eade and that just be a coincidence?

OR IS it because  i have got the wrong WILLIAM as father to Ada, because i don't know Ada's mother's name.

Anyway  sorry to give everyone a head ache.

SIDE NOTE: Remember Kate Eade (the original's) Says Horace is her father, but all the facts fitted with William, now it could be that Caesar Augustus Eade is the real name.  SO why call himself Horace or WIlliam?

Anyway going to go back through all my paper work and state what we no by paper evidence to be fact.

Jaymee