Author Topic: Moir-Hall  (Read 4846 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moir-Hall
« on: Sunday 04 January 09 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Would it be possible for some kind person to check for a burial at Dollar churchyard.
Christian Hall m.s. Moir died in 1855 in Carnock Fife.  Her death cert states she is buried in the Churchyard, Dollar, her son Francis was the informant.
Am curious to know who she may be buried with as have been unable to track her husband Thomas beyond 1841  ???

Thank you...patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline brimarge

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Moir-Hall
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 19:41 BST (UK) »
I had a quick look around Dollar cemetery and did not find the name Christian Hall. Thats not to say that she is not there.
I did notice a large stone with many Moir's buried, some names are: James McArthur Moir d 3/10/1889 his wife Jessie Baird. Their son? James McArthur Moir d 15/2/1917.
Alfred McArthur Moir s 21/3/1867 aged 8 or 18

Also the only Hall stone includes , Robert Hall d 18/9/1897 aged 86 his wife Helen Malcolm d 20/10/1898 aged 75 + 3 adult children

Are any of these yours

I discovered that the burial records for Dollar are held in Tillicoultry and the office is only 200 yards from where I live, so I will look in tomorrow afternoon to see what they know. What other names are you looking for, this might help tomorrow
Brian

Offline brimarge

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 April 09 17:59 BST (UK) »
The burial records only start from April 1877, so no information from them. The cemetery caretaker is going to have a closer look at the headstones in Dollar to see if he can spot anything.

Cristian Hall may be buried in Dollar but do you know if that name was added to a headstone

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 April 09 04:24 BST (UK) »
There is a possibility "brimarg" as her husband Thomas Hall died in Dollar in 1848 his parents were Thomas Hall and Jean Malcolm they also could be buried there.
Francis their son ..he gave the info on her death cert left for the U.S.A. the year of her death.
I live in hope... ;D
Regards ..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline brimarge

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 April 09 07:24 BST (UK) »
From the info I have already posted, it seems a big coincidence that I have found a grave for Robert Hall and his wife Helen Malcolm, are these the brother and sister of your Thomas Hall and Jean Malcolm

In other words 2 brothers married married 2 sisters.

If you sign on to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk  you should be able to check burials for 1854 online

Up until 1854 burial records in Scotland were the responsibility of the church, in 1855 they became the responsibility of the local councils, to bring in consistancy of recording. Unfortunately the Dollar records 1855-1876 seem to be lost so unless something can be found on a headstone, you may never know (frustrating )
If you can find a grave location on the 1854 records let me know and then I will know where to look.
There is one recorded death of a Hall in Dollar  between 1850-1854 and that is in 1850 can anyone tell us the first name on this record

Presumably the McArthur-Moir names did not mean anything to you

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 May 09 08:09 BST (UK) »
Hi brimarg - as you can see gradually catching up with msgs etc.
No the McArthur-Moir not in my line, nor can I find a Robert around that time span, the only Robert was born 1863 to Edward Hall and Robina Sneddon have not checked on his death probably died as a child and at the moment cannot check with SP as have run out of credits and the exchange rate (Oz dollar) is a little expensive  >:( so it will have to wait.
Thanks a lot..patvp

Offline Old Maid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 February 11 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I've noticed a number of threads on this site regarding Normands.  My gggrandmother was Janet Normand, daughter of Peter Normand and Janet Cramb.  She married John Macmillan in Logie Perth.  One brother, John married Janet Hall daughter of Francis Hall and Ann Muir. Her brother Robert Normand married Mary Laird and her sister Margaret to Robert Hunter.  Do you think we have a connection ?
 Sylvia

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 February 11 05:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Old maid - Do you think you could give me some dates as in dates of birth etc etc, also country and if in Scotland area..would make things a lot easier..have a number of Normand names but cannot see a Peter amongst them have also about eight Francis Hall's  ??? so you can see the problem  ;D
Give me a little more to go on and will see what I have...
Regards Patvp