Author Topic: Ancstry. Passenger List Lookup Please  (Read 4443 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancstry. Passenger List Lookup Please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 January 09 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ricky

Considering her mother's name was also Sarah, it could well be that she went by Annie to avoid confusion.   That death entry is very interesting and would explain why their daughter Edith was living with her Gran in 1891 and 1901.

I had looked at that death entry William and it seems to be the only contender, particularly as there isn't a matching birth entry and I couldn't see him in 1901.  Think I'll put myself out of my misery and send for that cert.

There is a Sarah A Pell that died in 1925 in Brighton, but that would seem rather odd that she abandoned her child but if there is one thing I have learnt, anything is possible when it comes to family history!!  ;D

You are a gem doing these searches for me.  It is nice to have someone with fresh eyes have a look for you, much appreciated!

Caroline
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 January 09 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazza

Your welcome, was the closest I could see fro the pair of them. Perhaps Sarah/Annie died just after child birth ???
Hope the info was some use to you :)

regards
ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brianjsk

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edith Louise Maude Pell
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Edith Louise Maude Pell is my grandmother and married my grandfather, William Skinner in 1913. Any photos of her?

I'm trying to find out about grandfather but this stuff about the Pells is interesting.

Brian

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian

Sadly I don't have any photos, but I may still have an email address for members of the Braid family.  If I can find it, I'll  send it to you in a PM.

I still have no idea what happened to Sarah Pell nee Braid (Edith's mum) or her father Walter Pell.  I can only assume that something happened to Sarah hence Edith living with her maternal Grandmother Sarah Braid Senior.  Walter as I said, lived for awhile with an Alice Brown before he too disappears.  It's possible that Walter had another child, Elizabeth while he was with Alice Browne or she was Alice's base child.  Elizabeth appears on the 1891 census.  I haven't been able to find a birth record for Elizabeth to ascertain if Walter is named as the father.  What is strange is that in 1891, Walter lists himself as Bell and Edith who is at her Grandmother's is also listed as Bell.  I thought at first it might have been a mistake, but for both of them to be listed as Bell at separate addresses on census night seems unlikely to be a mistake, so my question is why the possible deliberate change of name?

The Alice that Walter was living with ended up living with my ancestor Richard Wilkinson.  That was also short lived.  By all accounts this Alice appears to be a shady character but as she is not directly connected to Edith I won't bore you with the details here (but happy too if you are interested).

Regards
Caroline
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Just some more information on Edith's possible half sister Elizabeth (Lizzie).  Elizabeth married an Arthur Bishop.  Arthur served during WWI and was a prisoner of war.  Six months after returning home at the end of the war he was tragically killed after he fell down a lift shaft at the meatworks where he worked in Brighton.  Elizabeth and Arthur had five children.  :(

Caroline