Author Topic: Richard Ticehurst (base born)...Look up please.  (Read 2818 times)

Offline jard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Ticehurst (base born)...Look up please.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 January 09 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I think I'm in love again  :D

Is your middle name 'angel'...?
Dobbins / Cullen / Walsh / Kenny    (Ireland...Dublin)
Ticehurst / Elliott / Reed / Potter / Baulcom / Verrall    ( Sussex)
Spackman / Lighten / Leighton     ( Essex)
Martin / Jukes      ( Kent....Maidstone....Farleigh)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 January 09 12:10 GMT (UK) »
No far from it  ;) ;D

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 March 09 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jard

Well I had a thoroughly frustrating morning at ESRO today and I am very sorry but didn't manage to find much at all.

I did see the baptism for Richard Ticehurst at St Marys Eastbourne on 16 July 1783, son of Ann, baseborn.

I didn't manage to find a marriage for James and Abigail at all and can only guess they were married outside Sussex.  Don't suppose you know where Abigail came from?

I did happen to ntoce in the Jevington parish register
Ann Ticehurst, baptised 13 July 1756, daughter of John and Mary but wondered if she was too old??

Might be worth further investigation though.  :-\

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline jard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 March 09 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerry
Thank you so much for having a look for me. It was great of you to spend some of your time on my problem. I bet you're very nice  :-*

Sorry I don't know where Abigail Pierce came from. I spent such a lot of time trying to find a marriage record in the Eastbourne and Jevington areas, and as soon as I found the.... 'base born, son of Ann'..... entry for Richard Ticehurst, I gave up on her.
I'll keep looking for my Ann. Maybe it's the one who married Edward
Millar, or  one born in 1756....?????    As regards Richard Ticehurst....There must be a bastardy record of him somewhere.........
Drives you mad   dosen't it !!

Thanks again
Jard
Dobbins / Cullen / Walsh / Kenny    (Ireland...Dublin)
Ticehurst / Elliott / Reed / Potter / Baulcom / Verrall    ( Sussex)
Spackman / Lighten / Leighton     ( Essex)
Martin / Jukes      ( Kent....Maidstone....Farleigh)

Offline jjiggs

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 00:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Jard,

The original Jevington marriage register, not transcripts, records the marriage of James TICEHURST and Abigail PEARCE 24 December 1778, witnesses John & William Bridgeman. They were married by banns which were called 22 Nov, 29 Nov & 6 Dec.

James was either of the parish of East Dean or Eastbourne. I need to double check that.

Abigail was of Jevington parish and the Pearce/Pierce family is a very old established Jevington family, one of the first families to be mentioned in the 1538 register.

Ann TICEHURST married Edward MILLER 1 July 1783 at Jevington, both otp, witnesses Fanny Ticehurst & William Ballard. Whether this was your Ann is debatable. I think it probably that she is Ann dau of John & Mary who was bap at Jevington 13 July 1756. That would make her 27 yrs on her marriage and I can't find another Ann Ticehurst in the parish.

There is also the marriage of William TICEHURST & Ann SANTHOR/SANTHER at Jevington both otp. This does not appear in the marriage register but has been entered by error by the rector in the register of baptisms and burials.

I don't recall any bastardy records for Richard but will check.

I hope this may be useful. You may be able to link some of the names to see if they are the same family.
jjiggs